Tender, juicy flank steak marinaded in lime juice and then rubbed with spices. Then grilled to medium rare and sliced for these delicious Chile Lime Steak Tacos in a crisp corn tortilla!
Whether you’re celebrating Taco Tuesday or just enjoy a great grilled meal, you’re going to LOVE my recipe for flank steak tacos! This lime marinade makes these flank steak tacos AMAZING. Juicy, tender and delicious. Tacos are great. We eat them, the kids eat them. You can customize them, everybody’s happy! They are just darn tasty, don’t you agree?
What kind of steak is good for tacos?
We’re using flank steak for these tacos, though just about any cut of steak works well for these tacos!
Is skirt steak and flank steak the same?
Actually no, skirt steak is a bit tougher – though it does have great beefy flavor, flank steak is a better choice for steak tacos. Whether you use skirt steak, top sirloin or (my preference!) flank steak, just be sure you slice against the grain as the meat will be more tender!
Flank Steak Tacos
Grocery list for Flank Steak Tacos
- Flank steak
- Cumin, pepper, salt, smoked paprika, chili powder, garlic powder
- Corn tortillas
How long can you marinate steak in lime juice?
For this recipe, 30 minutes is long enough! But you can marinade the meat 2-4 hours. Any more than that and you run the risk of the acid in the lime actually “cooking” the meat.
How do you marinate steak for tacos?
This is super easy! Put the flank steak in a pan with rimmed edges. Next, squeeze the lime juice right over the top. Cover and marinate at room temperature for 30 minutes. No need to refrigerate. In fact bringing the meat to room temperature before grilling will help the tacos be even more tender!
What do you put on tacos?
- Green, red or white onions
- Shredded lettuce
- Shredded cheese
How to make Flank Steak Tacos
- Preheat grill to high.
- Combine the spices in bowl. After the steak is done marinading rub seasoning on both sides of the steak.
- Place steak on grill and grill 4 minutes,
- Flip and grill for an additional 4 minutes.
- Remove from grill. Let rest 10 minutes, then slice across grain.
- Prepare corn tortillas .
- Place steak in tortilla shells, top with your favorite toppings!
You’ll want to reach an internal temp of 130-135 F for a medium rare – medium steak. Super easy right? Quick too, this is perfect for a grilling party OR an easy weeknight meal! Bring on Taco Tuesday!!!
What’s your favorite topping for tacos? Comment below and please leave a five star rating below!
Ok – be sure to tag on Instagram @GimmeSomeGrilling when you make these!
Chile Lime Steak Tacos
- 1 lb flank steak
- 3/4 tsp cumin
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp smoked paprika
- 1/2 tsp chili powder
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 2 limes juiced
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 8 corn tortillas
- Avocado, sour cream, queso fresco, red onion, minced cilantro
- Put flank steak in a pan with rimmed edges. Pour juice of two limes over it. Marinate at room temperature for 30 minutes.
- Preheat grill to high.
- Combine cumin, pepper, salt, chili powder, smoked paprika, and garlic powder in bowl. After the steak is done marinading rub seasonings on both sides of steak.
- Place steak on grill and grill 4 minutes, flip and grill for an additional 4 minutes. You'll want to reach an internal temp of 130-135 F for a medium rare - medium steak. Remove from grill. Let rest 10 minutes, then slice across grain.
- Meanwhile prepare corn tortillas according to directions.
- Place steak in tortilla shells, top with your desired toppings.