BBQ Little Smokies with Bacon
This quick and easy party appetizer is always a hit! You can make these BBQ Little Smokies in the oven, crock pot or on the grill if you are tailgating. Grab your toothpicks or get daring and eat these with your fingers. That’s the way my kids enjoy them. Anything that is a finger food gets devoured by kids. I just love tricking them into eating especially when it’s delicious, fun appetizers like this.
Little Smokies are a staple at any tailgating party or any party for that matter. I love that they are such a quick and easy appetizer, plus you can make them in your oven, on the grill or in the crockpot!
Only FIVE Ingredients Needed
- Little smokies
- BBQ sauce
- Brown sugar
- Bacon bits
Only 3 Steps to Prepare
First of all it doesn’t take long. A few ingredients, mix them up and throw them on the grill!
- Preheat the grill
- Add all of the ingredients to the aluminum pan, mix everything together
- Grill for 30 minutes until hot and bubbly
3 Ways to Cook!
- Grill – Great option for tailgating and easy clean up! Simply toss everything together in a disposable foil pan and let them cook on low heat for about 30 minutes.
- Stove top – Toss all the ingredients together in a saucepan and then let them simmer for 20-30 minutes or until heated through.
- Crock Pot – Perfect for parties when you want to keep the appetizers out all night! Toss the ingredients together in your slow cooker than warm on low heat for 2-3 hours.
What Are Little Smokies?
They are heat and serve little sausages. They are perfect finger food!
Are Little Smokies fully cooked?
Yes, they are fully cooked, but they taste best when hot. That’s why this recipe is so easy to make. All you do is let them marinate while you warm them up.
What’s the best bbq sauce to use?
Well your favorite, of course! Seriously though, use a good quality barbecue sauce. A good sauce add even more delicious flavor to the perfect tailgating snack! We personally use Sweet Baby Rays BBQ sauce, but whatever you enjoy is the one to use!
Tricks to Keep them warm!
If you live up in the midwest keeping food warm when tailgating is an obvious issue, but no matter where you live or which team colors you wear when you’re amping up for the game keeping your food warm is an issue. Here’s some easy ways to keep food warm when tailgating or at parties!
- Use our favorite portable grill
- Break out your cooler. A cooler keep the beer cold, but it will also keep hot foods warm! Heat up your BBQ Little Smokes, seal well with foil and wrap the aluminum pan in a heavy towel. Tucking it into your cooler will keep it warm!
- A small thermos is great for keeping dips warm.
- If you are at a party throw them in a crock pot and turn it to warm to keep them perfect throughout the party.
If you have any leftovers they will keep in the refrigerator for up to 3 to 5 days. Make sure to put them in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
To reheat the leftovers simply microwave them for 1-2 minutes or until warmed through. You can also put them in a saucepan on the stove over medium heat and warm them up.
More Tailgating Eats!
- Love chips and dip? You will flip over this easy and delicious Smoked Queso Dip!
- Even better than Jalapeno Poppers are these Smoked Armadillo Eggs which adds sausage to your poppers!
- Make your favorite restaurant appetizer at home with these easy Smoked Potato Skins!
- Got the munchies? You won’t be able stop once you start munching on Smoked Snack Mix!
When you’ve enjoyed this easy bite leave me a five star rating below. I definitely want to your thoughts on this recipe.
Post a picture on Instagram and be sure to tag me so I can see it too! I’m loving all of your delicious foodie pics! You can find me at @gimmesomegrilling or just #gimmesomegrilling – if you hashtag me, I’ll get to see it that way too!
Did you make this? If you snap a photo, please be sure tag me on Instagram at @gimmesomegrilling or #gimmesomegrilling so I can see your grilling masterpieces!
BBQ Little Smokies
- 2 packages Little Smokies 12 oz each
- 18 oz bbq sauce
- 1/4 c. brown sugar packed
- 1/2 c. bacon bits
- Preheat grill or oven to 350 degrees.
- In a 8” x 8” foil pan mix together all ingredients. Stir to combine.
- Place on grill or in oven. Bake for 30 minutes or until heated through.
Leave a Comment