These Cheesy Grilled Bacon Wrapped Jalapeno Poppers are the perfect grilled appetizer! Delicious, fresh jalapenos are stuffed with a cream cheese mixture and seasonings then wrapped in bacon. Grill them until the bacon is crisp and the cheeses are melted! They are a hit at every party!
Bacon, Cheese, Jalapenos. Can life get any better? These Cheesy Grilled Bacon Wrapped Jalapeno Poppers are the perfect party appetizer! Throw them on the grill and serve them up for people to enjoy while you are grilling the main dish. If you serve these at your next party I’ll be there that’s for sure!
The best part about these is you can totally make them before hand, pop them in the fridge then just pull out and grill when your guests are arriving.
Can you believe that those Jalapeno Poppers you are looking at were my first ones I’ve ever made or tried? Where or where have I been? These are my new obsession.
One of my friends said she made these all the time last summer because her garden had produced so many jalapenos and they loved them. Since she knows pretty much everything I decided I was going to follow suite and try making them.
Mind blowing. I couldn’t stop eating them.
Plus, she told me a few different variations so I can wait to bring them to you!
Grilled Jalapeno Poppers
You know what else she told me? That she froze them!
That’s right these jalapeno poppers are freezer friendly. I need to totally stock my freezer with that and then when friends come over I’ll be prepared to impress them with a delicious grilled appetizer.
They’ll totally think I have it together. I’m sitting here laughing as a write that!
To freeze them just make them as directed but instead of grilling them place them on a baking sheet and place in the freezer. Once they are completely frozen remove from baking sheet and put them in a Ziploc bag. Make sure to squeeze as much air from the bag as possible to prevent freezer burn. Store in freezer.
When you want to grill them don’t thaw them, just put them on the grill frozen!
What do I Need to Make Jalapeno Poppers?
- Jalapeno Peppers
- Cream Cheese
- Green Onion
- Garlic Powder
- Sharp Cheddar Cheese
How to Make Jalapeno Poppers:
These Jalapeno poppers are so easy! Only six ingredients and you will be enjoying your favorite grilled appetizer.
- First cut the stem off the jalapenos and then slice in half. Dig out the seeds and membranes. Don’t forget your gloves while doing this!
- I like to use a melon baller or grapefruit spoon to help dig the seeds and membranes out.
- Then mix up the rest of the ingredients, except the bacon. Soon the mixture into the jalapenos halves. Then wrap them up with bacon.
- At this point I like to put them in the fridge for 1+ hours. I find that this helps the cheese stay in the jalapeno popper when you grill it.
- Heat your grill up to medium high heat. Put the jalapeno poppers on the grill for about 6 minutes. Flip them over when the bacon is beginning to crisp.
- Turn down the grill to medium-low heat and grill an additional 10-12 minutes. Take them off when the bacon is cooked and cheese is melted.
COMPLETE YOUR MEAL WITH RECIPES:
WATCH THE STEP BY STEP VIDEO FOR THESE BACON WRAPPED JALAPENO POPPERS RECIPE BELOW:
If you enjoy watching these videos make sure you subscribe to my YouTube Channel to be notified each time a post a new video!
Don’t forget, comment below and let me know how much you love this meal! Post a picture on Instagram and be sure to tag me so I can see it too! I’m loving all of your delicious foodie pics! You can find me at @gimmesomegrilling or just #gimmesomegrilling -if you hashtag me, I’ll get to see it that way too!
Cheesy Grilled Bacon Wrapped Jalapeno Poppers
- 8 jalapeno peppers
- 8 oz cream cheese softened
- 1 green onion minced
- 3/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 c. sharp cheddar cheese shredded
- 16 bacon slices
- Combine cream cheese, green onion, garlic powder and cheddar cheese in small mixing bowl. Stuff into the jalapeno halves.
- Take a pieces of bacon and wrap around each jalapeno half, securring them with toothpicks.
- Refrigerate jalapenos poppers for a least a hour. This helps so when you grill them the cheese doesn't melt out of the popper.
- Place jalapenos on grill cut side down and grill just until bacon begins to crisp. This should takea bout 6 minutes. Gently loosen bacon from the grill and flip jalapenos over. Reduce heat to medium-low and cook an additional 10-12 minutes or until bacon is cooked and cheese is melted.
- If you prefer to bake these bake them at 400 degrees F for about 15 minutes or until bacon is crisp.
- These are freezer friendly. Prepare according to directions then freeze instead of grilling.