BBQ Smoked Chex Mix
A delicious snack or appetizer prepared on your electric smoker! This BBQ Smoked Chex Mix recipe is a mixture of Chex Cereals, pretzels and Rye Chips tossed in butter, Worcestershire sauce and our famous BBQ Rub. The delicious hint of smoked flavor makes it amazing and the perfect recipe for taking to parties, holidays and more.
The hint of smokey flavor that using a smoker to make snack mix on is unbelievable! This BBQ Smoked Chex Mix is a delicious twist on your traditional chex mix recipe. It has your favorite Chex cereals, pretzel and rye chips tossed in a buttery mixture that has our favorite BBQ Seasoning!
You can either make that rub from scratch or grab a bottle here. It’s perfect on so many things like chicken, pork, and so much more!
This is such an easy recipe and like our smoked nuts and smoked snack mix, it’s a great way to put a spin on a crunchy party snack.
All you do is toss the cereal, pretzels and rye chips in a seasoned butter sauce. Then smoke on low heat for one hour. It’s so easy and simple, plus you can put it in cute bags or boxes for a holiday gift.
- Chex Cereal – We used a mixture of wheat, corn and rice cereal.
- Pretzels – We used the pretzels rods but any type will work.
- Butter – If you are looking to keep it a little less salty use the unsalted butter.
- Worcestershire Sauce – The perfect pop of flavor.
- BBQ Rub – You can find the recipe here or buy it!
Preheat smoked to 250 degrees Fahrenheit according to your manufacturer’s directions.
In a large mixing bowl combine melted butter, Worcestershire sauce, seasoned salt and garlic powder. Mix until combined. Add the rest of the ingredients and toss to coat.
Spread out evenly in two large rimmed baking pan. We used a large disposable pan for easy cleanup. The more spread out the snack mix is the more smoke flavor it will pick up.
Smoke for 1 hour, stirring every 15 minutes.
Spread out on paper towels to cool. Store in airtight container.
What Flavor of Pellets Should I Use?
As far as smoker pellets, we like to use fruity ones for this recipe because the smoke flavor is milder. We love using cherry or apple wood pellets, but you can use other non-fruity pellets like a competition blend is always a great universal pellet to have on hand.
You can’t go wrong with butter in this recipe, but feel free to use vegetable oil or even coconut oil in place of the butter. To cut down on the salt you can use unsalted butter.
When you stir, be careful not to break the pretzels and cereal. A gentle stir or folding motion works best.
More Party Food Recipes
- Love jalapeno poppers? If you do, Smoked Armadillo Eggs are going to be your new favorite thing!
- Grilled Garlic Parmesan Chicken Wings are perfect for a quick party appetizer, tailgating recipe, or a fun dinner!
- Easy Smoked Queso Dip has so much flavor from three types of cheese, ground sausage, salsa and more. That smokey flavor takes it over the top.
- Crispy, delicious Potato Skins that are made on your smoker with the perfect subtle hint of smoke. Loaded with bacon, cheddar, sour cream and green onions!
Love this recipe? Be sure to comment and leave a five-star rating below! Tagging me on Instagram will definitely make me smile! You can find me here at @gimmesomegrilling
Did you make this? If you snap a photo, please be sure tag me on Instagram at @gimmesomegrilling or #gimmesomegrilling so I can see your grilling masterpieces!
BBQ Smoked Snack Mix
- 3 cups Rice Chex cereal
- 3 cups Corn Chex cereal
- 3 cups Wheat Chex cereal
- 2 cups pretzels
- 2 cups rye chips
- 1/2 cup butter melted
- 2 Tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 Tablespoons BBQ Rub
- Preheat smoked to 250 degrees F.
- In a large mixing bowl combine butter, Worcestershire sauce, seasoned salt and garlic powder. Mix until combined. Add the rest of the ingredients and toss to coat.
- Spread out evenly in a large rimmed baking pan. We used a disposable one for easy cleanup.
- Smoke for 1 hour, stirring every 15 minutes.
- Spread out on paper towels to cool. Store in airtight container.
Leave a Comment