This classic Cheesy Potato Casserole is taken to a whole new level when you make it on your electric smoker! This delicious potato casserole is made with hash browns and topped with a buttery Corn Flake topping then smoked for the ultimate flavor on your Traeger pellet grill. If you are looking to make a holiday meal on your smoker this needs to be on your menu!
If you love cheesy potatoes, then I have just the new side dish for you!
Creamy Cheesy Potato Casserole – this one is full of everything you will love! Loads of cheesy and potatoes with the perfect crunchy topping – delish!!
This dish is great for a potluck or a holiday meal, it’s one of my favorites side dishes to share! It’s great because it makes a huge amount. Which makes it perfect if you’re serving a crowd – and great for Easter!
I’ve made Potato Casserole for years, but making it on the smoker is a new thing!
This idea stems from Jason. He was making ribs one night and decided that he was going to make cheesy potatoes to go with them.
Obviously, he wasn’t about to make them in the oven!
Instead he made them on the smoker and the were divine.
Might I say they were even better leftover because the next day the smoked flavor really came out in them. Love leftovers that are better than the first time!
What Do I Need to Make Cheesy Smoked Potatoes
- frozen hash browns
- cream of chicken soup
- sour cream
- sharp cheddar cheese
- garlic salt
- corn flakes
- 9×13 foil pan
Cheesy Potato Casserole
There may or may not have been some battle about why we were going to blog these because it seems not maybe people search for the recipe Smoked Cheesy Potato Casserole!
Jason’s theory was, I want Smoked Cheesy Potato Casserole so I’m going to make them and not care if anyone else wants them!
For the record, you should want them because they are amazing!!
How to make Cheesy Smoked Potato Casserole
- Preheat the smoker to 350 degrees.
- Spray a 9” x 13” foil pan with non-stick spray.Mix the potatoes, butter, sour cream, chicken soup, milk, onions, cheese, salt and pepper in a large bowl. Pour into prepared foil pan.
- Combine crushed corn flakes and butter. Sprinkle over potato mixture in foil pan.
- Place on smoker and cook for 1 hour or until potatoes are cooked and topping is golden brown.
What to serve with Cheesy Potato Casserole
Potato Side Dish Recipes from Gimme Some Grilling
- Smoked Baked Potatoes
- Cheesy Potatoes on the Grill with Bacon
- Seasoned Grilled Sweet Potato Wedges
- Seasoned Potatoes on Smoker
- Baked Potatoes on the Grill
More of my favorite side dishes
- Grilled Cauliflower Steak
- Easy Smoked Vegetables
- Grilled Corn on the Cob in Foil
- BBQ Baked Beans On the Grill
Love this recipe? Be sure to comment and leave a five-star rating below! Tagging me on Instagram will definitely make me smile! You can find me here at @gimmesomegrilling
Cheesy Potato Casserole Recipe
- 30 oz frozen hash browns thawed
- 1/2 c. butter melted
- 10.5 oz cream of chicken soup undiluted
- 2 c. sour cream
- 1/2 c. milk
- 1/2 c. onions chopped
- 2 c. sharp cheddar cheese shredded
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1 tsp garlic salt
- 1 c. corn flakes crushed
- 2 Tbsp butter melted
- Preheat smoker to 350 degrees F according to manufacturer's directions.
- Spray a 9'' x 13'' foil pan with non-stick spray.
- In a large bowl combine the potato mixture. Pour into prepared foil pan.
- In a small bowl combine crushed corn flakes and butter. Mix to combine. Sprinkle over potato mixture in foil pan.
- Place on preheated smoke and smoke for 1 hour or until potatoes are cooked through and topping is golden brown.
- Remove and serve immediately.