Individual sized meatloaf are the perfect easy smoked dinner recipe! Smoked Mini Meatloaf is tender, juicy and has amazing flavor from being cooked on your Traeger. Packed with juicy hamburger, cheddar cheese and topped with a sweet sauce.Till!
I took one of our favorite meatloaf recipes and made it for your smoker! This Smoked Mini Meatloaf packed with cheddar cheese, onions, and topped with a brown sugar ketchup sauce.
I love that these are individual servings of meat loaf because it cooks so much faster than regular meatloaf and I’m all about fast and easy!
Why You’ll Love These Mini Meatloaves!
- They cook fast on the smoker making them an ideal dinner during the week because of their “mini” size.
- That sweet topping is mouthwatering! It’s perfectly caramelized.
- Tons of smoky flavor and of course cheese in them!
- Individual servings make them easy to serve and perfect for meal prep!
Ingredients for Mini Meatloaf on the Smoker
- Cheddar Cheese
- Quick Oats
- Ground Beef
- Brown Sugar
How to Make Smoked Mini Meatloaf
- Preheat your grill to 350 degrees.
- Mix together the ingredients for the meatloaf, shape into 8 loaves.
- Combine the topping ingredients.
- Place the meatloaf on the grill and slather the top of each loaf with sauce.
- Close the lid and smoke until the meat is no longer pink.
What would Pellets Should I use to Smoke Meatloaf?
Sweet fruit woods like apple or cherry are great wood chips for this recipe, but you could also use a competition blend.
How do you make moist meatloaf?
A binder like bread or oats is a must in meatloaf but it can often dry out the meat. Adding milk to your meat mixture will help keep it moist and flavorful. Milk is essential to keep the meat from drying out!
Another tip is to not over mix it. If you do this it can make it tough. Handle it just enough to mix it.
How long do you cook a meatloaf on the grill?
After closing the lid you’ll cook the meatloaf for about 45 minutes. It doesn’t take long to smoke because it’s a mini meatloaf making it a great dinner during the weekdays.
Is it ok to eat smoked meatloaf when it’s pink?
Color isn’t the best indicator for doneness when you smoke meat because when you smoke it can turn the meat a pinkish color. The internal temperature needs to reach 160 degrees to be considered safe. Use an instant read meat thermometer to check the internal temperature.
Remember after you remove it from the grill wrap it loosely in foil and the internal temperature will continue to rise as it rests. It can rise as much as 10 degrees!
How to Use Leftover Meatloaf
- Meatloaf sandwich – a family favorite on day two!
- Hash – great for breakfast or dinner, sauté peppers and onions – add in the leftovers mix with some green onions and topped with an over easy egg!
- Toss it into chili or spaghetti, it already has a ton of flavor!
- Perfect for Shepherd’s Pie.
- Tacos are another great use for leftovers!
- Grilled Baked Potato
- Grilled Corn on the Cob
- Smoked Cheesy Potato Casserole
- Grilled Bacon Wrapped Asparagus
More delicious meatloaf recipes!
- Cheesy Meatloaf – always a great choice!
- Smoked Meatloaf Recipe – love these flavors!!
- Cheesy BBQ Smoked Meatloaf – this is just the BEST!!
Shop Our Spices
- 1 egg
- ¾ cup milk
- 1 cup cheddar cheese shredded
- ½ cup quick cooking oats
- ½ cup yellow onion chopped
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 pound ground beef 80/20 recommended
- ½ cup ketchup
- ⅓ cup brown sugar packed
- 1 teaspoon prepared mustard
- Preheat pellet grill to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. We used competition blend pellets in the pellet grill.
- In a bowl beat egg and milk. Stir in cheese, oats, onion and salt. Add beef and mix well. Shape into 8 mini loaves.
- In a small mixing bowl combine the topping ingredients.
- Place meatloaf on pellet grill. Spread topping over the top of the meatloaf.
- Close lid on pellet grill and smoke for 45 minutes or until meat is no longer pink and internal temperature is 160 degrees Fahrenheit.
- These can also be made in your oven! Simple preheat your oven to 350 degrees F. Place mini meatloaves in a greased 13 in x 9 in x 2 in baking dish. Baked, uncovered, for 45 minutes or until no long pink.
- Sweet fruit woods like apple or cherry are great wood chips for this recipe, but you could also use a competition blend.