Craving Tater Tot Casserole? This quick and easy twist on it is perfect for the summer! Brat Tater Tot Casserole has a layer of cheesy mixed vegetables that’s topped with Tater Tots and Brats. Put it on the grill and have a delicious dinner.
This post is sponsored by Johnsville. All opinions expressed are my own.
You aren’t from Minnesota unless you love casseroles! Especially the classic Tater Tot Casserole.
I’ve teamed up with my friends from Johnsonville and I’m bringing you this summer version. It’s perfect for when you are craving comfort food, but also want to grill.
We take our favorite casserole and top it with brats instead of mixing in ground beef.
Why this recipe works:
- 5 Ingredients!
- Simply mix, place in foil pan and cook.
- Little to no clean up necessary.
- Condensed cheddar cheese
- Frozen mixed vegetables
- Black Pepper
- Frozen Tater Tots
- Johnsonville Original Brats
Steps to Prepare
- Prep – Preheat your grill to 350 – 375 degrees F. Spray a square foil pan with nonstick spray.
- Mix – In mixing bowl mix together vegetables, black pepper and cheddar cheese soup.
- Assemble – Spray vegetable mixture on bottom of prepared pan. Top with tater tots and brats that have been cut into 1/3rds.
- Grill – Place on grill and grill for 30-40 minutes or until brats are cooked through and tater tots are golden brown. You will flip the brats half way through cooking.
Isn’t fun coming up with new twists on old classics so dinner doesn’t get boring?
Johnsonville is celebrating Bratsgiving on August 16th by collecting brat-based recipes from different Midwest cities celebrating brat culture.
If this Tater Tot Casserole doesn’t scream Minnesota I don’t know what does!
Want to have some fun? Go visit Johnsonville’s Bratsgiving website and find a variety of Bratsgiving-themed recipes and vote on your favorite! Johnsville will donate $5,000 to the winning chef’s charity of choice.
Have more fun by hosting your own Bratsgiving with family and friends and make your favorite recipe or recipes and see which one everyone loves the most!
More Easy Dinners on the Grill!
- Got leftover pulled pork? Turn it into these delicious Pulled Pork Taquitos.
- A quick and easy dinner idea is French Dip Foil Packets! You can even make them camping.
- If you love tater tots make sure to try Tater Tot Meatball Foil Packets.
If you have a moment, please comment below leaving a 5-star rating, that would make my day!
Tag me on Instagram when you make this @gimmesomegrilling or #gimmesomegrilling – love to see your delicious eats!!
Shop Our Spices
- 12 oz frozen mixed vegetables
- 10.75 oz condensed cheddar cheese soup
- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
- 3 c. frozen tater tots
- 19 oz Johnsonville original brats cut into 1/3rds
- Preheat grill to medium-high heat about 350 – 375 degrees F.
- Spray a square foil pan with non-stick spray. Set aside.
- In a mixing bowl combine the mixed vegetables, soup and black pepper until mixed. Spread out on the bottom of prepared foil pan.
- Top vegetable mixture with tater tots and then sliced brats.
- Place on grill and grill for 30-40 minutes. Flip Brats half way through grilling. The casserole is done when brats are cooked to an internal temperature of 160 degrees F, tater tots are golden brown.