Grab your leftover pulled pork and make these delicious, cheesy pulled pork taquitos! Baked taquitos that are perfectly crunchy and filled with BBQ Pulled Pork, cream cheese, cheddar cheese and then dipped in a Chipotle Ranch Dressing!
The other day I shared this delicious Smoked Cider Brined Pulled Pork with you. First of all it was amazing, secondly it made a ton! Therefore I felt the need to go make more recipes using it like Pulled Pork Chili. Next,Cheesy Pulled Pork Taquitos were born! Crunchy on the outside and filled with delicious BBQ pulled pork on the inside. I made an easy chipotle ranch dressing to accompany them.
If you aren’t rushing to make them after that description I’m not sure what else to say to make you fall in love with them!
I can assure you that I ate my fair share of them, possibly more than my fair share but no one say anything about that ok?
Glad you got my back on that one!
Leftover Pulled Pork
The great thing about this recipe is that you can make up a double batch of the filling then freeze half of it in a Ziploc bag. When you are ready to use it simply thaw it out and throw it in some tortillas!
I know I can always use a few meals like that in the freezer. There are plenty of nights I just have no idea what to make and having those as options makes it a whole lot easier on the whole stress level. Providing meals for four other human beings can be stressful sometimes, wait, a lot of the time!
That’s also why I like smoking pulled pork on the weekends so I have a stock of it for the upcoming week. I can take it and make several different recipes with the same base. Next appearing will be my Shredded Pulled Pork Grilled Pizza.
What Do I Need to Make Pulled Pork Taquitos?
- shredded pulled pork
- sour cream
- cream cheese softened
- BBQ sauce
- corn or flour tortillas
- chili powder
- olive oil
- sharp cheddar cheese freshly shredded
- ranch dressing
- chipotle chili powder
- lime juice
Tips for Making Pulled Pork Taquitos:
I used corn tortillas, but you can also use flour tortillas, it really comes down to your preference. If using corn tortillas make sure to warm them because they are easier to work with. Keep them warm while you fill them.
I baked these instead of frying them to make them a bit more healthy. You could easily fry them too. I brushed them with olive oil at the end to get them crispy even though you are baking them. If you would like to fry them follow the directions below.
Heat 1/2” oil in sauce pan on medium heat. Once oil is hot enough, you need to be able to feel the heat when you hold your hand above the oil, set the tortillas, seem side down, in oil using tongs. Cook until golden brown on both sides. Set on paper towels to drain.
How Long Do I Bake Taquitos in the Oven?
You’ll want to baked these Pulled Pork Taquitos in the oven for about 15-20 minutes or until they are starting to turn golden brown.
COMPLETE THE MEAL WITH:
WATCH THE STEP BY STEP VIDEO FOR THESE PULLED PORK TAQUITOS RECIPE BELOW:
If you enjoy watching these videos make sure you subscribe to my YouTube Channel to be notified each time a post a new video!
Don’t forget, comment below and let me know how much you love this meal! Post a picture on Instagram and be sure to tag me so I can see it too! I’m loving all of your delicious foodie pics! You can find me at @gimmesomegrilling or just #gimmesomegrilling -if you hashtag me, I’ll get to see it that way too!
Pulled Pork Taquitos with Chipotle Ranch Dressing Recipe
- 2 1/2 c. shredded pulled pork
- 1/4 c. sour cream
- 2 oz cream cheese softened
- 1/2 c. BBQ sauce
- 10 corn or flour tortillas
- 1/2 tsp chili powder
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 1/2 c. sharp cheddar cheese freshly shredded
Chipotle Ranch Dressing
- 1/2 c. ranch dressing
- 1/4 tsp chipotle chili powder
- 1/2 tsp lime juice
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Spray a baking sheet with non-stick cooking spray.
- In a mixing bowl mix together cream cheese, sour cream, BBQ sauce and chili powder. Stir in pork. Add cheese and mix until combined.
- Warm tortillas according to package direction. Add heaping 1/4 c. pulled pork mixture to the middle of shell then roll up tightly. Place seem side down on baking pan. Repeat with all tortillas. I kept them covered with damp, warm towel so they were easy to work with.
- Brush top of tortillas with olive oil. Place in oven for 15-20 minutes or until golden brown on edges. You can broil them to up the cripsy factor for a few minutes at the end!
- While taquitos are baking combine ranch dressing, chili powder, and lime juice toghther in small bowl. Place in refrigerator until taquitos are ready.