Wondering what to do with your leftover pulled pork? This Pulled Pork Chili is the perfect recipe to use it up in! This chili recipe is hearty, delicious and so easy to make. You’ll have it on the table for dinner in 30 minutes. The perfect weeknight meal. It’s loaded with flavor from pulled pork, diced tomatoes, chili beans, chili powder, cumin and onions!
Pulled Pork Chili
I’m proud of myself! As you can imagine, there’s a lot of cooking that goes on in this house and when I’m not giving it away to family friends, it gets tucked in the freezer.
Good thing we have a big freezer, right? When I checked I found some leftover Spiral Ham with Honey Glaze, Smoked Brined Turkey and then I dug a little deeper and found a package of smoked pork butt and I knew I could give those leftovers new life!
On a side note, once. month, I try and clean out/eat up freezer leftovers. How about you? I figure if it’s in there much longer, even when I label things well they get less appealing the deeper they get buried. Throwing away food is like tossing $’s down the drain. Don’t even get me started!
Anyway, I was looking at that leftover pulled pork and thought hmmm…. Pulled Pork Chili, now that sounds delicious!
Leftover Pulled Pork Chili
I mean it’s winter here in Minnesota and if that means one thing, it means it’s Chili season!
There’s nothing like warming up with a big bowl of hearty chili, but I always like to change things up and this delicious Pulled Pork Chili was a nice change on my regular one!
Grocery list for Pulled Pork Chili Recipe
- Leftover pulled pork
- Diced tomatoes
- Chili beans
- Beef broth
- Chili powder, cumin, sweet and smokey rub
- Olive oil
- Optional toppings; crushed chips, shredded cheese, sour cream, avocados etc
How to make Pulled Pork Chili
- Heat the olive oil in a large heavy bottom pot over medium heat.
- Add leftover pork in a single layer. Sauté for 4-5 minutes until crispy on the bottom side.
- Add the remaining ingredients and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer for about 15-20 minutes.
- Serve with optional toppings – chips, sour cream, shredded cheese, avocados
Pulled Pork Chili Recipe
My husband has been smoking up a storm on our favorite smoker lately and at one point he had so many things to smoke one weekend he pulled out the SECOND smoker.
That also means that I’ve been stashing away my pulled pork when we have leftovers so I can make new recipes featuring leftover pulled pork because I think using leftovers and creating different dishes with them is awesome.
Let’s get real, after a while you can’t eat the same leftovers!
Pro Tip – You can also throw this all in the Crock Pot on low for the day to simmer and meld the flavors together and come home to an amazing dinner of Pulled Pork Chili!
Double it and freeze half of the chili for another night!
What to do with leftover pulled pork
- BBQ Pulled Pork Pizza on the Grill
- Pulled Pork Mac and Cheese
- Pulled Pork Taquitos
- BBQ Pulled Pork Quesadillas
- Pulled Pork Nachos
I know it can be tough to use up leftovers What is your favorite way to use up leftover pulled pork? I hope you like this recipe for leftover pulled pork chili! I think it’s a great way to reinvent your meal and I hope you enjoy it too!
Don’t forget to tag me, I want to see pictures of your chili! Just tag @gimmesomegrilling on Instagram or simply #gimmesomegrilling so I can see your delicious bowl of chili! And if you have a quick moment please comment below with a five star rating so I know you enjoyed this meal!
Pulled Pork Chili Recipe
- In a large dutch oven heat olive oil over medium heat. Add leftover pork in a single layer. Saute about 4-5 minutes or until crispy on bottom side and warm.
- Add in the rest of the ingredients and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer for about 15-20 minutes or until warmed through.
- Serve immediately. Top with crushed chips, sour cream, shredded cheese, avocados etc.