Grilled 3 Meat Pizza ~ Have you ever grilled a homemade pizza? Seriously, grilled pizza is the best! This homemade pizza on the grill is topped with three meats, pepperoni, sausage and ham, and then grilled to perfection. So easy and delicious! You’ll never eat pizza another way again!
PIN IT HERE!
The Best Grilled Pizza!
Grilled pizza is my FAVORITE way to make pizza. I haven’t made it for a few years, but I was quickly reminded just how good it is. The high heat of the grill makes this delicious crispy crust on the outside, but chewy on the inside. It’s so easy and so much fun because you can make individual pizzas and let everyone top them just the way you they want them!
Ingredients for Grilled 3 Meat Pizza!
- Pizza dough
- Pizza sauce
- Pizza cheese, divided
- Diced ham
- Sausage, prepared
- Sliced pepperoni
My cousin was over assisting me on the day that I made this grilled pizza recipe and she informed me that years and years ago she had stopped by my house and I was making a grilled pizza and she remembers to this day that she thought that was the best idea ever.
I started giggling because I literally have made homemade grilled pizza a whopping three times before. She thought I made it all the time! She remembers that it looked so delicious and she wondered why she had never tried it herself.
After a bite of this pizza fresh off the grill she was swooning. I don’t blame her. I was right there with her!
I love pizza on the grill because the high heat of the grill, yes you need to cook it at 500 – 550 degrees, makes the pizza crust crispy on the outside and nice and chewy on the inside. It’s seriously perfection!
I chose to make a Grilled 3 Meat Pizza but the possibilities are endless! I’m dreaming of a BBQ Chicken Pizza and what about a dessert S’mores pizza? I’m S’mores obsessed!
Tips for Making Pizza on the Grill!
- Make sure your grill is nice and HOT! Preferably between 500 and 550 degrees.
- Roll out your dough a little bit thick, thinner dough will fall through the grates. It will also help it stay nice and chewy on the inside and crisp on the outside.
- Gather your ingredients before heading out to the grill. Once you flip the dough over you want to top the pizza quickly! If you don’t want that pressure just remove the pizza from the grill and top it then put it back on the grill.
- Make sure you have a pair of long tongs or pizza peel to flip the pizza.
- Remember every grill heats differently, watch the cooking times when you are working with this high of heat! You might need to rotate the dough if you have hot spots on the grill.
Go grab your favorite homemade pizza dough or even store bought and fire up that grill. You have some pizza waiting to be made!
Shop Our Spices
- 1 pizza dough
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 c. pizza sauce
- 1 1/2 c. pizza cheese, divided
- 1/2 c. diced ham
- 1/2 c. sausage, prepared
- 6 oz sliced pepperoni
- Preheat grill to 500 - 550 degrees.
- Roll pizza dough out. You can make a couple of smaller pizza circles, this is easier to flip when grilling. Brush olive oil on one side of dough. This is the side you'll lay down on grill
- Place pizza dough on grill, olive oil side down. Brush top of dough with olive oil. Cover grill and cook 1-2 minutes. You'll want the dough set, but not crispy.
- Flip dough over, top with pizza sauce, cheese and meat. You want to do this quickly, if you want to take more time, remove pizza dough and top then place back on grill.
- Cover grill and grill 3-5 minutes or until ingredients are hot and cheese is melted and the crust is crispy around the edges.
- Remove and let sit 3-5 minutes. Cut and enjoy!