Learn how to make a homemade pizza on your Blackstone Griddle. This Blackstone Pizza recipe starts with an easy, homemade dough that’s topped with pizza sauce, cheese and your favorite toppings. So delicious!
Move over, pizza delivery guy — this Blackstone pizza is now the star of the show! What if I told you that you could have homemade pizza in just about the same amount of time it takes to place an order for pizza and wait for it to be delivered. Sound too could to be true? Well, it’s not!
With this easy method to make pizza on Blackstone, you can have your favorite Friday night dinner in just 30 minutes. The best part, you get to use as many toppings as you want at no extra charge. We love making copycats of our drive-thru favorites. This Blackstone crunchwrap was a game changer, and now Blackstone pizza is too! You’re going to be amazed at how easy it is to make gourmet pizza on the griddle.
Why You’ll Love Blackstone Pizza
- Making your own pizza is typically much more affordable than ordering it. With leftover toppings, you can make more pizza or other recipes.
- This recipe will leave you with minimal clean-up. Just wipe down the griddle and wash the bowl that you used to make the dough!
- When you make homemade pizza, you can customize it however you want. Wanna try some out-there toppings? Go for it! We won’t judge.
Ingredients for Blackstone Griddle Pizza
- All-purpose flour – All purpose flour is the main ingredient in a thick and chewy homemade pizza crust.
- Instant quick rise yeast – Quick rise yeast is all you need to get this pizza fluffy and bubbly!
- Sugar – Sugar feeds yeast and will help activate it so that it works properly in your pizza dough.
- Warm water – Warm water helps activate yeast, and it is really important that you don’t use cold water.
- Oil – Use a little oil, we prefer olive oil, to grease the griddle before cooking your homemade pizza crust.
- Honey – A little honey helps sweeten the pizza crust and give it a really great flavor that goes with any sauce and any toppings!
- Garlic powder – Garlic powder is the secret ingredient in this crust recipe that makes it irresistibly delicious.
- Pizza sauce – You can either grab a jar of pizza sauce at the grocery store or make your own pizza sauce. Both will work great!
- Cheese – Use any of your favorite cheeses as your ooey gooey pizza topping!
- Pizza toppings – Some of our favorite pizza toppings are pepperoni, sausage, bell pepper, onion, and mushrooms.
How to Make Blackstone Pizza
These first few steps are going to teach you how to make homemade pizza crust. If you are using pre-made dough, then skip down to the steps that with instructions on how to cook the pizza on Blackstone!
Make the Pizza Dough
Add water, yeast, and sugar to a mixing bowl and let it proof for about 5 minutes.
Then add salt, honey, and garlic powder to the mixture. Slowly add in 2 ½ cups flour while mixing the dough mixture in a stand mixer with a dough hook.
Add in the remaining flour ½ cup at a time until the dough is no longer sticky. This may take more or less flour, so just adjust as you add the flour into the dough.
Form the dough into a ball and knead it with a dough hook until smooth.
Spray a separate bowl with non-stick cooking spray and place the dough into a bowl. Cover the bowl with a towel and place in a warm area of your kitchen to let it rise for 30 minutes.
The longer the dough rises, the better! You’ll want it to at least double in size.
When you’re ready to make the pizza, divide the dough in half. Turn out one half of the dough onto a clean and lightly floured surface.
If needed, sprinkle with more flour so that you can stretch and flatten the dough to your desired pizza size. The dough should be about ¼ inch thick.
Cook the Pizza
Preheat the griddle to a medium heat, about 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
Then add oil the warm griddle surface and spread it around with a spatula.
Place the pizza crust onto the oiled section of the Blackstone griddle and let it cook for 3-5 minutes until the bottom has browned nicely.
Use a spatula and flip the dough to begin cooking the other side.
Then add sauce, cheese, and desired pizza toppings to the top of the pizza. Cover the pizza with a melting dome and let it cook for 7-10 minutes. The pizza should be golden brown on the bottom with the cheese melted.
Remove the pizza from the Blackstone, slice, and serve!
Repeat this process with the remaining dough until all pizza is complete.
How to Store Leftover Blackstone Griddle Pizza
FRIDGE: Place leftover pizza into an airtight container with paper towels in between the slices. Then store in the fridge for 3-4 days.
FREEZER: Store leftover pizza in an airtight container or freezer bag and then freeze for up to 2 months.
How to Reheat Leftover Pizza
To reheat pizza, place it in the oven or toaster oven until the crust is crisped up and the cheese is warm. Some people like to eat their leftover pizza cold, so you could do that too!
What to Serve with Blackstone Pizza
While pizza doesn’t need a side dish with it, we’d never turn down some tasty additions to serve with Blackstone pizza. You could fire up the smoker and make easy smoked vegetables or smoked mac and cheese!
If you want more main dish options to serve with a slice or two of Blackstone griddle pizza, smoked hot dogs and smoked brats. Some more Italian sides or apps to serve with pizza would be fried ravioli or mozzarella sticks.
Grilled cheesy pull apart bread would be a hit too!
What do I use if I don’t have a melting dome?
If you do not have a melting dome, you can use a large stainless steel bowl. Just make sure that it is slightly larger the circumference of your pizza so that it covers the entire thing.
What toppings can I use on my Blackstone pizza?
This method of cooking will cook pizza toppings just like any other method. So, you can use any topping you want! Some favorites include:
- Ground sausage
- Sausage slices
- Diced onion
- Garlic cloves
- Fresh herbs
- Canadian bacon
- You can make two pizzas at the same time if you have a large griddle and two cooking domes!
- Make sure to add more oil to the Blackstone before cooking each pizza crust. There is nothing worse than a yummy crust that is stuck to the cooking surface
- For the most gooey cheesy results, shred your own cheese!
This pizza on Blackstone is so tasty and loaded with flavor. You’ll be amazed how easy this is to cook!
More Blackstone Recipes You’ll Love
- Keeping with the theme of drive thru favorites, you’ve gotta check out this recipe for a Blackstone Breakfast Crunchwrap!
- Blackstone Sreak Fajitas are on par with anything you could get at your local Mexican restaurant.
- Once you try Blackstone Steak you’ll want it time and time again!
- Blackstone Philly Cheesesteak is a super easy recipe that is loaded with flavor.
Shop Our Spices
- 2 cups warm water
- 2 packages instant quick rise yeast
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 Tablespoon honey
- 5 ½ cups all-purpose flour
- If using a pre-made dough skip to step 7.
- In a mixing bowl add water, yeast and sugar. Stir and then let proof for 5 minutes.
- Add salt, honey, and garlic powder. Slowly add in 2 ½ cups flour while mixing in a stand mixer with a dough hook. Add in remaining flour ½ cup at a time, until the dough doesn't stick. This may take more or less flour, adjust as you add it.
- Form into a ball and knead with a dough hook until smooth.
- Spray second bowl with non-stick cooking spray and place dough into bowl. Cover with a towel, place in a warm area of the kitchen and let rise for 30 minutes. The longer it rises the better. You want it to at least double in size.
- When ready to make pizza, divide the dough in half. Turn out one half of the dough onto a lightly floured surface. Sprinkle with more flour if needed so you can stretch and flatten the dough to your desired pizza size and about ¼ inch thick.
- Preheat your grill to medium heat, about 350 degrees Fahrenheit
- Add the oil to your griddle and spread out with a spatula.
- Place a pizza crust on the oiled part of the griddle. Let it cook for 3 to 5 minutes until the bottom is nicely browned.
- Use a spatula to flip the dough and begin the cooking the other side
- Add sauce, cheese, and your favorite toppings, then cover with a melting dome
- Let cook for 7 to 10 minutes or until the bottom is golden brown and the cheese is melted.
- Remove from the grill, slice, and serve! Repeat with remaining dough. You can do both at the same time but will need a large griddle and two cooking domes.