Delicious copycat Breakfast Crunchwrap made on your Blackstone griddle! Hash brown patties with scrambled eggs, sausage and cheese in a crispy flour tortilla. This is the ultimate breakfast on the Blackstone.
If you’ve never tried the breakfast from that certain “super cheap and super yum” taco place, now’s your chance. And you don’t have to pay a delivery fee or wait in a long drive-thru line for it! You can stay in your PJ’s and make a delicious breakfast crunchwrap right in the comfort of your own home.
This easy recipe has quickly become a breakfast favorite or ours. It’s so easy to make and is super filling! We love making cinnamon rolls on the Blackstone when we make a breakfast crunchwrap. That way, we’ve got something sweet and something savory, and it’s all done in one place! You’re gonna love this tasty Blackstone crunchwrap recipe.
Why You’ll Love the Blackstone Breakfast Crunchwraps
- You only need 30 minutes to make 6 servings of a crunch wrap on Blackstone. Great for busy mornings!
- Breakfast crunchwraps are really adaptable. You can easily add or omit any ingredients necessary.
- This easy breakfast is full of protein so you can be sure that everyone gets a filling meal before they start their day.
Ingredients for Blackstone Breakfast Crunchwrap
- Flour tortillas – Grab a package of your favorite flour tortillas at the grocery store, or even make your own fresh tortillas!
- Shredded cheddar cheese – You can use a different type of cheese if you want. Mexican blend, Colby jack, or Monterey jack would be super yummy.
- Eggs – You’ll scramble up some eggs to fill each crunchwrap.
- Butter – Salted and unsalted butter would both work great! Use whatever you have on hand.
- Milk – We prefer using whole milk since it makes the eggs more creamy, but feel free to use 2% milk or 1% milk instead.
- Salt and pepper – A little salt and pepper seasons the scrambled eggs just perfectly.
- Frozen hash brown patties – You can find these on the freezer aisle of your local grocery store.
- Pork sausage – You can use seasoned breakfast sausage or unflavored and season it yourself!
How to Make a Blackstone Breakfast Crunchwrap
Combine eggs, milk, salt, and pepper in a large mixing bowl. Whisk until frothy and then set the mixture aside.
Preheat the Blackstone to a medium low heat, leaving one burner off at one end of the griddle. Once the griddle is heated, brown the sausage. When it’s cooked, move it to the side of the griddle that isn’t heated.
Melt a tablespoon of butter on the Blackstone and place the frozen hash brown patties on top. Cook the hashbrowns for about 5 minutes, until golden brown and cooked through.
While the hash browns cook, pour the egg mixture onto the griddle and cook. Once they are scrambled, slide them off to the side of the griddle with the sausage.
Lay a flour tortilla down and then place a cooked hash brown patty on it. Top with scrambled eggs, sausage, and cheese. Then fold the tortilla by taking one edge and folding it to the center. Take the next edge and fold it in, and continue doing this until the whole tortilla is folded tight.
Quickly flip the folded crunchwrap so that the pleats are on the bottom. Melt a tablespoon of butter on the Blackstone and place the breakfast crunchwrap onto the griddle with the seam side down.
Cook for 2-3 minutes, then flip and cook for another 2-3 minutes. Once the tortilla is golden brown, it’s ready to go! Serve immediately and enjoy.
What to Serve with Blackstone Breakfast Crunchwrap
The great thing about this easy breakfast is that it’s really an all-in-one meal. But, you can of course serve more breakfast foods with it! Blackstone french toast or Blackstone pancakes would be a tasty sweet option to serve.
Even though this Blackstone crunchwrap recipe has sausage in it, there’s never a wrong time to eat bacon! These lemon muffins and caramel rolls are two more favorite sweet treats of mine to serve at breakfast, and they’d pair well with a crunchwrap!
How to Store Leftovers of this Breakfast Crunchwrap Recipe
Since crunchwraps are easy to make, I recommend making them fresh for best results. But if you happen to make one too many or have some leftovers, you can store them for later!
FRIDGE: Wrap it in foil or place in an airtight container and store in the refrigerator. It will only stay good for about two days, so eat it quickly!
FREEZER: If you want to freeze a Blackstone breakfast crunchwrap, wrap it tightly in plastic wrap or place in an airtight container. Freeze up to a month.
Can I add sauce to a breakfast crunchwrap?
Absolutely! You can go the simple route and just make a yummy salsa, or you can make a creamy sauce. Use a base of sour cream and/or mayo and add spices and seasonings to it. Spread it on the tortilla before adding fillings, or put some in a bowl to dip it. You can also simple use some hot sauce for your crunchwrap. Or, if you’re feeling cheesy, make some queso!
- Add some veggies to your crunchwrap for extra flavor! Dice up some bell peppers or onions and cook them with the pork sausage.
- Be sure you get tortillas that are large enough to hold all of the delicious goodies you’re going to put inside.
- Don’t cook your tortilla outside too long. Everything inside the crunchwrap is cooked, so you’re just melting the cheese and getting the tortilla to crisp up.
Crunch wraps on the Blackstone make breakfast a breeze. You’re gonna love how easy these are!
More Breakfast Recipes You’ll Love
- If you loved this all-in-one breakfast on the Blackstone, then you’ll love making a Blackstone Omelette too!
- Did you know that you can use your smoker for breakfast? Make a Smoked Breakfast Fatty and you’ll be amazed!
- Make a delicious Breakfast Skillet on the grill or in the oven.
- Smoked Cinnamon Rolls are really unique and their flavor is absolutely incredible!
Shop Our Spices
- 6 frozen hash brown patties
- 8 large eggs
- ¼ cup milk
- 4 Tablespoons butter or all vegetable shortening divided
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 6 burrito size flour tortillas
- 1 pound pork sausage
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- In a large bowl, combine eggs, milk, salt and pepper. Whisk until frothy. Set aside.
- Preheat the griddle to medium low heat. Leave one burner off at one end of the griddle.
- Brown sausage on griddle. Once brown, slide off to the side of the griddle. That’s not heated.
- Melt 1 tablespoon of butter on the griddle. Place frozen hash browns on the buttered area, cook for 5 minutes or until cooked through.
- While hash browns cook, make scrambled eggs by pouring egg mixture onto the griddle, cook until done to your liking. Slide eggs off to the cool side of the griddle to keep warm.
- To assemble the crunchwrap, lay out one burrito, put a hash brown patty on it, then top with scrambled eggs, sausage and cheddar cheese. Fold Tortilla by taking one edge of it and folding it to the center. Then take the next edge and fold it to the center, keep repeating around the tortilla keeping it as tight as possible.
- After wrapping quickly invert crunchwraps so the pleats are on the bottom and they stay together.
- To cook crunchwraps on the griddle, melt 1 Tablespoon butter over medium heat, add crunchwrap seam side down and cook until the tortilla is golden on the bottom about 2-3 minutes. Flip crunchwrap and cook until the other side is golden, about 2-3 more minutes.