Skip the pancakes on the griddle for breakfast and try an amazing Blackstone Breakfast Sandwich. Toasted English Muffins with ham, cheese and an egg all made on your outdoor griddle. The perfect easy breakfast recipe or great for meal prep for the week!
Are you needing some tasty on-the-go options for breakfast? A Blackstone breakfast sandwich is perfect to fill you up and keep you energized all morning long. These easy English muffin sandwiches only take 15 minutes to make, so you can throw it together and then walk out the door! I don’t know about you, but our family needs these easy breakfast items on more mornings than we can count.
We like to make Blackstone breakfast crunchwraps too! More often than not, we’ll fire up the Blackstone on the weekends and make freezer friendly breakfasts like these and stock up for the week. Then when we over-sleep or have a particularly busy morning, breakfast isn’t even a worry! A griddle breakfast sandwich is easy, hearty, and packed full of flavor.
Why You’ll Love Blackstone Breakfast Sandwich
- It only takes 15 minutes to make. Super fast on those busy mornings when you need to get out the door.
- You can make 4 sandwiches with this recipe, and easily double or triple it to make plenty more. Depending on the size of your Blackstone, you could make a lot of sandwiches all at once!
- A griddle breakfast sandwich is fabulous for meal prep and freezer-friendly. Make sandwiches at the beginning of the week and have breakfast prepped for the rest of the week.
Ingredients for Blackstone Breakfast Sandwiches
- English muffins – You can either buy some English muffins from the grocery store or easily make your own English muffins!
- American cheese – If you are not a fan of American cheese, feel free to use any other cheese that you prefer.
- Canadian bacon – Canadian bacon is often not the first thought to put on a breakfast sandwich, but it’s so yummy!
- Eggs – This recipe makes the most tasty Blackstone bacon and egg sandwiches, so make sure you have plenty of eggs on hand.
- Butter – Use salted or unsalted butter in this recipe, both will work great!
How to Make a Blackstone Breakfast Sandwich
Preheat your Blackstone grill to medium-high heat.
Then split open each English muffin and spread plenty of butter on the cut sides. Place them onto the preheated Blackstone to slightly toast. It should only take about 2-3 minutes.
Remove the toasted english muffins from the griddle and set them aside.
Next, place Canadian bacon onto the Blackstone and cook each side for 1-2 minutes. Then remove from the grill and set a slice of four of the toasted English muffin halves.
Place wide mouth canning lids onto the grill and spray with non-stick cooking spray.
Then crack an egg into each ring and pour a bit of water around the rings. Place a dome on top to steam the eggs and cook covered for 2-3 minutes.
Once cooked through, carefully remove the eggs from the rings and place them onto each sandwich.
Top with a slice of cheese and the top of the muffin.
Serve the griddle breakfast sandwich immediately and enjoy!
What to Serve with a Blackstone Breakfast Sandwich
This tasty breakfast sandwich is a complete meal all on its own, but you can also pair it with any of your favorite breakfast sides. While the griddle is hot, cook some hashbrowns and bacon for a tasty addition to this easy meal.
Even more, you could fire up the smoker and make some smoked cinnamon rolls to go with a breakfast sandwich on Blackstone.
How to Store Blackstone Breakfast Sandwiches
To store leftover sandwiches, it is best to wrap them individually in plastic wrap or aluminum foil.
FRDIGE: Wrapped tightly, and placed in a zip top plastic bag, sandwiches will last in the fridge for 3-4 days.
FREEZER: Store individually wrapped sandwiches in a freezer safe bag and freeze for up to 2 months.
How to Reheat Leftover Breakfast Sandwiches
Reheat leftovers in the oven, toaster oven, or microwave until warmed all the way through.
Can I use something other than canadian bacon in Blackstone breakfast sandwiches?
This easy recipe is a fabulous base for any type of sandwich you want to make. You can make some regular bacon, sausage patties or ham just like you make the Canadian bacon in this recipe. It’s also fun to use multiple different types of meat on one sandwich for an extra protein-loaded breakfast.
What temp should Blackstone be for breakfast sandwiches?
For this recipe to make breakfast sandwiches on Blackstone, the griddle should be about 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Use an infrared thermometer to easily check surface temperature of the Blackstone before grilling.
- Scoot the toasted english muffins to side of the Blackstone that is just warm so that they don’t cool too quickly before you finish building the sandwiches!
- Feel free to add fresh veggies to a sandwich if you are not planning to store them. A juicy slice of fresh tomato or some crunchy green spinach would be a great addition!
- Add a bit more flavor to your sandwich by throwing some salt and pepper onto the eggs. This sandwich with a touch of hot sauce or sriracha would also be super tasty.
Make the easiest breakfast sandwiches on Blackstone and enjoy them on a slow morning, or on-the-go!
More Blackstone Recipes You’ll Love
- Skip the drive thru and save some money, make a Blackstone Crunchwrap at home!
- Blackstone Steak Fajitas are a great way to pack a ton of flavor into your taco Tuesday dinner.
- Once you try Blackstone Steak and Potatoes, you won’t want to eat this easy meal any other way!
- Blackstone Nachos are just as good, if not better, than the nachos you can get at your favorite Mexican restaurant.
Shop Our Spices
- 4 Tablespoons butter softened & divided
- 4 English muffins
- 4 slices Canadian bacon sausage patties or bacon strips
- 4 large eggs
- ½ cup water
- 4 slices American cheese
- Preheat the Blackstone grill to medium high heat, about 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Split open the English muffins and spread each cut side with butter. Place them, cut side down, on the grill to toast them slightly, about 2-3 minutes. Remove from the grill and place aside.
- Place Canadian bacon on the grill and cook both sides for 1-2 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove from the grill and place a slice on four of the English muffin halves.
- Place a wide mouth canning lid onto the grill and spray with non-stick cooking spray.
- Crack an egg into each ring, then pour water onto the grill around the rings and place a dome on top to steam the eggs. Cook, covered, for 2-3 minutes or until the eggs are set.
- Carefully remove the eggs from the rings (rings are hot!) and place the cooked eggs on the pieces of Canadian bacon. Top each egg with a slice of cheese and top with the second part of the muffin.
- Serve immediately.