We tested this recipe over and over again to make the perfect crispy Hashbrowns on Blackstone griddle! So many tips and tricks to make the perfect hash browns just like your favorite diners!
Hash browns are the perfect pairing for so many different breakfast foods, and now you can make them so easily on the Blackstone. Serve them alongside egg muffins, scrambled eggs and bacon, or even eggs benedict. These yummy hashbrowns on the Blackstone are restaurant quality and perfectly crispy every time!
Next time you’re hosting guests and making breakfast, you can make these delicious hash browns. They’re also perfect for a brunch meal!
Cooking on the Blackstone makes clean-up easier, keeps a mess out of the kitchen, and always makes the tastiest food. Just try these Blackstone cinnamon rolls and you’ll see what I mean!
You’re going to love these super easy hashbrowns on Blackstone.
Why You’ll Love Hashbrowns on Blackstone
- It only takes about 20 minutes to make eight hearty servings of crispy hashbrowns. Perfect for a quick breakfast!
- You only need 3 ingredients for this hash brown on Blackstone recipe. If you keep hashbrowns in your freezer, you’ll likely have everything you need on hand.
- Hashbrowns pair with so many different main dishes! You can make this easy recipe to go with anything on your breakfast menu.
Ingredients for Blackstone Hashbrowns
- Shredded hash browns – You can either purchase frozen hashbrowns in the freezer section of your local grocery store, or make your own hash browns by shredding fresh potatoes.
- Seasoned salt – Use your favorite seasoned salt or grab our tasty beef seasoning here. It would taste wonderful on these Blackstone hashbrowns.
- All-vegetable shortening or butter – Either of these are perfect for greasing the Blackstone before cooking. Use salted or unsalted butter, both will work great.
How to make Hashbrowns on Blackstone
- Preheat the Blackstone to medium heat. Once it is preheated, place 2 tablespoons of shortening or butter onto the hot griddle. While it melts, spread it around to evenly grease the griddle.
- Put hash browns onto the greased griddle and divide them into 8 separate portions. Using a metal spatula, pat the down until they’re all an even thickness.
- Sprinkle seasoned salt over the top of each separate hash brown section. Let them cook for 7-8 minutes, and don’t move them around while they cook.
- Once they’re golden brown on the bottom, divide the last 2 tablespoons of shortening or butter evenly and place it on top of each hash brown patty.
- Flip the patties over and cook for another 6-7 minutes, or until they’re golden brown.
- Remove from heat and serve immediately!
What to Serve with Hashbrowns on Blackstone
Or, make an entire breakfast on the Blackstone by making an omelette on the Blackstone and some hashbrowns.
How to Store Leftover Blackstone Hashbrowns
FRIDGE: Store leftover hash brown patties in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
FREEZER: Place completely cooled Blackstone hashbrowns in an airtight container or freezer bag and store them in the freezer for up to 3 months. Allow to thaw completely before reheating.
How to reheat Hashbrowns
To reheat, place in the microwave, oven, or on the stove top until warmed through.
What temperature should hashbrowns be cooked at?
Heat the Blackstone griddle to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Test the temperature with an infrared thermometer. If you don’t have one, just heat the griddle to medium heat, the hashbrowns will cook just fine!
Just be sure the griddle isn’t too hot. You don’t want the outside of the hash browns to get burnt before the patties are warmed all the way through.
Can I add meat to Blackstone hashbrowns?
Absolutely! Feel free to add breakfast sausage, bacon, or any other meat you want. However, if you’re looking for a full on omelette, check out our hash brown omelette on Blackstone. It’s full of ham, egg, cheese, and tasty hashbrowns all-in-one!
- Serve your freshly cooked hashbrowns with ketchup or hot sauce.
- For best results, serve the hashbrowns while they are still warm…hot from the griddle!
- Make sure you flatten out each patty of hashbrowns so that they are an even level. If they’re mounded on top of each other, they won’t cook evenly.
We hope you love these super easy and super crispy hashbrowns on Blackstone. Cooking breakfast on the Blackstone is just a blast!
More Blackstone Recipes You’ll Love
- Need a recipe for the perfect light and fluffy pancakes? Check out this really simple recipe for Blackstone Pancakes.
- Give taco night a refreshing change and make these Easy Blackstone Steak Fajitas for dinner!
- This Blackstone French Toast is one of my most favorite sweet treats to eat at breakfast time. Who says that a sweet tooth can only be for dessert?
- These Homemade Smash Burgers are just as good, if not better, than one you’d get at a classic diner. Make them for your next cook-out!
Shop Our Spices
- 30 ounces shredded hash browns thawed
- 4 Tablespoons all-vegetable shortening or butter divided
- 1 teaspoon seasoned salt
- Preheat Blackstone to medium heat.
- Once the griddle is preheated, place 2 Tablespoons of shortening or butter on the griddle. Melt and spread to cover the griddle.
- Put hash browns on a griddle and divide them into 8 portions. Using your spatula, tap them down until the thickness is even. Sprinkle seasoned salt over the top of each patty.
- Let cook for 7-8 minutes, do not touch them while they cook, or until golden brown on bottom.
- Before you flip them, divide the remaining 2 Tablespoons of shortening or butter and top each of the hash brown patties with it.
- Flip hash browns over and cook for another 6-7 minutes or until golden brown.