Learn how to make the perfect Blackstone Crunchwrap! This copycat Taco Bell recipe has a crispy tortilla filled with seasoned ground beef, cheese sauce, sour cream, shredded lettuce and salsa. It’s a quick and easy Blackstone dinner recipe when you are craving a crunchwrap!
The crunchwrap supreme is by far one of the best items on the Taco Bell menu. So, learning how to make a crunchwrap at home was a game changer! This delicious Blackstone crunchwrap is always a hit with my family, they never turn it down. The Blackstone is so much fun to use to make an easy dinner. So not only do we make crunchwraps, but we’ll make Blackstone Philly cheesesteaks and even Blackstone pizza too!
We love making these on taco Tuesday to change things up a bit! We tend to make an appetizer like corn salsa while waiting for the crunchwraps to cook too. You’re going to love how perfectly this copycat recipe compares to that tasty crunchwrap you’d grab at the drive-thru! Throw this together for a fun and unique dinner one weeknight.
Why You’ll Love this Blackstone Crunchwrap
- It only takes 30 minutes to make 6 servings of this homemade crunchwrap supreme!
- This recipe is super adaptable so you can add and subtract ingredients that you don’t want.
- You can double or triple the ingredients needed for the recipe and make plenty of Blackstone crunchwraps to go around.
Ingredients for a Blackstone Crunchwrap
- Ground beef – 80/20 ground beef would work best for this super easy homemade crunchwrap recipe.
- Taco seasoning – You can either buy a packet of taco seasoning or make your own homemade taco seasoning.
- Burrito shells – A burrito shell is also called a burrito size tortilla. They’re extra large tortillas that will hold all the interior ingredients together.
- Nacho cheese sauce – Nacho cheese sauce is important because it has a really distinct flavor that goes perfectly with all of the ingredients of a crunchwrap supreme.
- Tostadas – This is what make a crunchwrap crunchy!
- Sour cream – If you don’t like sour cream, you can omit this ingredient, but it does blend in to the flavors really well.
- Shredded lettuce – You can either purchase a bag of shredded lettuce, or buy a head of iceberg lettuce and shred it yourself.
- Salsa – Either buy a jar of salsa or make your own salsa!
- Shredded cheddar cheese – Cheddar cheese is best, but you can use Colby jack or a Mexican blend too!
- Flour tortillas – Grab a packet or 6″ tortillas or make your own homemade tortillas!
- Butter – You can use salted or unsalted butter in this recipe!
How to Make a Crunchwrap
Preheat the Blackstone grill to medium heat and place the ground beef on the surface. Sprinkle the beef with taco seasoning and then cook until it’s no longer pink, about 4-5 minutes.
While the meat is cooking, place the nacho cheese sauce in a small saucepan and warm it up on the Blackstone.
Then, you’re going to assemble the crunchwraps!
Place 1/6th of the ground beef in the middle of the burrito shell, then add 2 tablespoons of cheese sauce on top of it. Place the tostada on top, then spread 2-3 tablespoons of sour cream evenly over the tostada.
Next, later ½ cup lettuce, ¼ cup salsa and ⅓ cup shredded cheese. Finish it off by placing one small tortilla on top of the snack and then fold the burrito shell.
Start folding on one side, folding tightly until the crunchwrap is completely enclosed.
Add some butter to the Blackstone and once melted place the homemade crunchwrap supreme folded side down to seal it. Cook for 3 minutes, or until golden brown.
Then, flip the crunchwrap over with a spatula and cook until the other side is golden brown as well.
Allow to slightly cool, then eat up!
What to Serve with Blackstone Crunchwrap
How to Store Blackstone Crunchwrap
Since it’s really easy to learn how to make a crunchwrap, I recommend making them fresh for best results. But if you happen to make one too many or have some leftovers, you can store them for later!
FRIDGE: Wrap it in foil or place in an airtight container and store in the refrigerator. Because of the tomatoes and lettuce, I recommend not storing this longer than 24 hours.
FREEZER: If you want to freeze a Blackstone crunchwrap, leave out the tomatoes, lettuce, and sour cream. Freeze up to a month.
How to Reheat Crunchwraps
To reheat, allow to thaw if frozen, and then heat thoroughly in the oven or microwave. Reheating in the oven will help keep it crispy!
Can I use fajita meat in this Blackstone crunchwrap recipe?
Sure! Make chicken fajitas or steak fajita meat on the Blackstone and chop it up to use in this easy crunchwrap recipe.
- Make homemade tortillas and burrito shells for an extra fresh and delicious flavor!
- If you want a little kick to your homemade crunchwrap supreme, add some sliced jalapeños to the shredded lettuce layer.
- Buy some Taco Bell hot sauce at the grocery store to add to your crunchwrap as you eat it!
Skip the fast food line and make this amazing meal right in the comfort of your own home!
More Blackstone Recipes You’ll Love
- Learn How to Cook Bacon on the Blackstone and make breakfast super easy!
- Blackstone Pancakes are perfectly fluffy and delicious, the best breakfast food.
- Make these gooey Cinnamon Rolls on the Blackstone the next time you host brunch!
- Looking for more breakfast ideas? This Hash Brown Omelette is perfect!
Shop Our Spices
- 1 ½ pounds ground hamburger
- 1.25 ounces taco seasoning (1 packet)
- 6 burrito shells 12’’ each
- ¾ cup nacho cheese sauce
- 6 tostadas 6’’ size
- 8 ounces sour cream
- 2 ½ cups shredded lettuce
- 1 ½ cups salsa
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 6 flour tortillas 6’’ size
- 2 Tablespoons butter
- Preheat the Blackstone grill to medium heat.
- Add ground beef to the griddle and sprinkle with taco seasoning. Cook until the meat is no longer pink, about 4-5 minutes.
- While the meat is cooking, put the cheese sauce in a small saucepan and warm up on the Blackstone.
- Assemble crunchwraps: Spread 1/6th of the ground beef in the middle of the burrito size flour tortilla, then add 2 Tablespoons of cheese sauce over the ground beef. Place the tostada on top. Spread 2-3 Tablespoons of sour cream evenly on top of tostada, then layer with ½ cup lettuce, ¼ cup salsa and ⅓ cup shredded cheese.
- Place the small flour tortilla on top of the stack, then fold the large tortilla around the small one starting on one side, folding tightly and continuing around until completely enclosed.
- Add butter to the griddle. When butter is melted place crunchwrap folded side down on the griddle to seal it. Cook for about 3 minutes or until deep golden in color. Flip the crunchwrap over with a spatula and cook until the other side is golden brown.