Taco-seasoned ground beef sizzles with onions on the Blackstone, before getting cozy with sturdy tortilla chips, a duo of melted cheddar and Monterey Jack cheese, and hearty black beans. After a quick grill session, these Blackstone Nachos are jazzed up with colorful toppings like tomatoes, sour cream, cilantro, and more.
Fiesta night is calling! These Blackstone nachos are crazy easy to make and full of delicious flavor. Cooking dinner on the Blackstone is one of our favorite things to do in the summer. This easy recipe makes the best restaurant quality nachos in giant batch that easily feeds the whole family.
Making nachos on Blackstone griddles is like the key to success. The chips get toasty and warm, the beef is seasoned to perfection, and the cheese is all gooey. You won’t want to stop at just one serving! Just like Blackstone chicken fried rice, it’s really easy to lose track of how many servings you’ve eaten. But we won’t tell if you wont!
Why You’ll Love Blackstone Nachos
- This delicious meal can be made in under an hour! Make stellar nachos in less than you would spend waiting for your meal at a Mexican restaurant.
- Serve Blackstone grill nachos as a dinner or an appetizer. This is a go-to recipes for parties and easy weeknight dinners.
- Have dietary restrictions or a calorie count to stick to? Then easily customize and adapt this recipe to fit your preferences!
Ingredients for Blackstone Nachos
- Ground beef – I recommend using a lean ground beef life 93/7 blend so that there isn’t too much grease when building your nachos.
- Chopped onion – Yellow onion or white onion will be best to use when making nachos.
- Cheddar and Monterey Jack cheese – This blend of cheeses will give the best flavor to your nachos. You can also use Mexican blend shredded cheese, Colby Jack cheese, or any other blend you prefer.
- Taco seasoning – Store-bought taco seasoning and homemade taco seasoning will both give great flavor to your nachos.
- Black beans – If you’re not a fan of black beans, pinto beans would be the perfect replacement!
- Olive oil – Use olive oil or butter to sauté the onion.
- Salsa – Grab a jar of salsa from the grocery store, or easily make a fresh batch of homemade salsa!
- Tortilla chips – Buy restaurant style tortilla chips for the best texture and flavor.
How to Make Blackstone Loaded Nachos
Preheat your Blackstone over medium heat and add the olive oil to the griddle.
Once hot, place the ground beef and diced onions onto the griddle and cook until the beef is browned. As you cook, push excess grease off into the grease trap on the Blackstone.
Season the ground beef and onions with taco seasoning and add salsa. Mix everything together until the seasoning is evenly distributed. You may need to add a splash or two of water to help the taco seasoning mix in with the beef and onions.
Spread a layer of tortilla chips onto a clean baking sheet. Then, add half of the shredded cheese, the beef and onions, black beans and then layer the top with the rest of the shredded cheese.
Place the baking sheet of loaded nachos onto the Blackstone and cover it. Let the nachos on Blackstone cook for 10-15 minutes until the cheese is completely melted.
Top the nachos with any of your favorite toppings and enjoy!
What to Serve with Blackstone Nachos
If you’re serving this dish as an appetizer, we have plenty of dishes you can make that will compliment it well! Smoked queso dip and pulled pork taquitos are always crowd favorites. In addition, some easy taco dip or nacho fries would be great!
Be sure to whip up a pitcher of margaritas to really make it a party!
How to Store Leftover Blackstone Nachos
Store Blackstone grill nachos in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 2 days. After that, they won’t reheat well and will be quite soggy.
How to Reheat Leftover Nachos
To reheat, place the nachos onto a baking sheet and into a hot oven. Bake until the meat is warm and the chips have crisped up.
What toppings can I use for Blackstone Loaded Nachos?
There are so many topping to use on Blackstone grill nachos! Some of our favorites are:
- guacamole or diced avocado
- sliced olives
- fresh tomatoes
- sour cream
- sliced jalapeño
- green onions
- lime juice
Can I use other meat on Blackstone loaded nachos?
Feel free to use any type of meat you want on these nachos! Needing something lower calorie? Then brown some ground turkey or ground chicken. Additionally, diced or shredded grilled chicken would be tasty. You can make nachos with pork carnitas and steak fajita meat as well!
- Give some kick to these nachos by using spicy taco seasoning or adding some jalapeños as a topping!
- Make sure when you brown the ground beef that you separate it into small pieces. This way, it is much easier to evenly distribute the beef across the nachos.
- Try to make a single layer of tortilla chips on the baking sheet. Too many layered chips will be difficult to cover in meat and cheese.
These Blackstone nachos are undoubtedly one of our favorite Blackstone recipes! Once you make them, we think you’ll agree!
More Easy Blackstone Recipes You’ll Love
- Make yummy breakfast with this incredible Blackstone Omelette recipe!
- Do you love Taco Bell? Then you’ve got to try our copycat Blackstone Crunchwrap!
- These Blackstone Bacon Cheeseburger Sliders are, without a doubt, one of the most popular appetizers we serve when hosting!
- Need a fancier omelette? Then check out this yummy Hash Brown Omelette on Blackstone.
Shop Our Spices
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- ½ cup chopped onion
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 ounce taco seasoning (1 package)
- ⅓ cup salsa
- 2 Tablespoons water
- 15 ounces black beans drained and rinsed
- 12 ounces tortilla chips thick and sturdy
- 1 ½ cups grated cheddar cheese
- 1 ½ cups grated Monterey Jack cheese
- Diced Roma Tomatoes
- Sour cream or Mexican Crema
- Diced red onions
- Chopped cilantro
- Sliced Jalapenos
- Sliced Black Olives
- Cubed Avocado
- Preheat the Blackstone over medium heat.
- Spread the olive oil out onto the griddle.
- Once the griddle is hot, add the ground beef and chopped onions to the griddle. Cook and break up the ground beef until it’s no longer pink and broken into small pieces. Separate the meat from the grease when cooking. Push the excess grease off the griddle into the grease trap.
- Sprinkle the top of the ground beef and onions with the taco seasoning and salsa. Add the water to the mixture and stir to combine all the ingredients.
- Spread the tortilla chips onto a baking sheet. Top the tortillas with half the cheese, ground beef mixture, beans and then the remaining shredded cheese .
- Place the baking sheet on the Blackstone grill, cover it and let it sit for 10-15 minutes until the cheese is melted.
- Then top the nachos with your favorite toppings.
- Serve warm and enjoy!