If you need a quick and easy dinner on the Blackstone make this Blackstone Chicken Fried Rice. Skip the take out and make it at home. Full of crispy rice, seasoned diced chicken and tons of flavor.
Chicken fried rice is actually so easy to make at home! We’ve made it on the stovetop for years, but once we learned you could make fried rice on the Blackstone, it was a game changer. Having all of the space of a large griddle helps reduce the mess and still makes the most tasty and flavorful fried rice dish.
We love to pair Blackstone chicken fried rice with orange chicken and air fryer egg rolls. But it’s also a great meal all on its own. We throw this on the griddle on a busy evening and we easily can make an extra large batch to have leftovers to eat on during the week.
Once you make fried rice at home, you won’t want the take-out stuff ever again! The same goes for Blackstone beef and broccoli — you’ve got to try them both.
Why You’ll Love this Blackstone Chicken Fried Rice
- It only takes 25 minutes to make a batch of Blackstone fried rice. A quick dinner recipe if you’re short on time!
- This is a great staple if you’re looking to add some different recipes to your meal prep rotation.
- You can serve this as a side dish or a main dish! Plus, it’s really easy to double the recipe and have plenty of fried rice to go around.
Ingredients for Blackstone Fried Rice
- Chicken breasts – Clean chicken breast well and dice into small 1″ inch chunks. Cut the chicken evenly so that all of the pieces will cook evenly.
- White rice – Cold rice works best when making chicken fried rice on Blackstone. So make a pot of rice a day or two before you plan to make this meal and you’ll be good to go!
- Frozen peas and carrots – You can use fresh peas and carrots if you prefer.
- Canola oil – Canola oil is a really simple option, but you can also use olive oil, avocado oil, vegetable oil or even butter.
- Onion – A yellow onion or white onion would be best in this Blackstone chicken fried rice recipe.
- Minced Garlic – Freshly minced garlic totally changes the flavor profile of homemade fried rice and makes it absolutely delicious!
- Sesame oil – Sesame oil has a very distinct flavor that is necessary for a good fried rice. It is very strong though, so be sure you measure it out precisely.
- Soy sauce – Feel free to use low sodium soy sauce or coconut aminos if you’re watching your sodium intake.
- Eggs – Whisk eggs thoroughly before cooking them on the hot Blackstone griddle.
- Green onions – These are optional, but garnishing a fresh bowl of fried rice with green onions is de-lish!
Dietary Subsitutions for Chicken Fried Rice
- Omit the chicken and increase the amount of vegetables for a vegetarian version.
- Replace the eggs with scrambled tofu or omit them altogether for a vegan option.
- Use a vegan-friendly substitute for soy sauce, such as tamari or coconut aminos.
- Ensure that the soy sauce used is gluten-free or substitute it with gluten-free tamari sauce.
- Use gluten-free grains like cooked cold brown rice or quinoa instead of white rice.
- Replace the white rice with cauliflower rice for a low-carb or keto-friendly option.
- Use a low-carb soy sauce alternative, such as coconut aminos or liquid aminos, which have reduced sugar and carbohydrates.
- Substitute the soy sauce with coconut aminos or fish sauce.
- Replace the white rice with cauliflower rice or diced sweet potatoes.
- Use vegetable oil or dairy-free butter alternatives instead of canola oil or butter.
- Ensure the garnish and optional ingredients, such as green onions, are dairy-free.
How to Make Blackstone Chicken Fried Rice
- Heat the Blackstone to medium heat and pour the canola oil onto it. Once hot, add the diced chicken.
- Brown the chicken, then add a Tablespoon of soy sauce and a Tablespoon of sesame oil and toss the chicken in it well. Once the chicken is cooked through, move it to the side of the griddle to keep it warm.
- Drizzle some more oil onto the griddle and add the frozen vegetables and diced onion. Add another Tablespoon of soy sauce to the veggies and cook until they are tender. Move to the side of the griddle.
- Place cold rice onto the griddle and mix in a tablespoon each of soy sauce, sesame oil, and garlic and stir it together until mixed well. Once hot, move the rice off to the side of griddle as well.
- Pour the whisked eggs onto the griddle and scramble them well. When they are, place all of the ingredients back onto the hot part of the griddle, add one more tablespoon of soy sauce, and mix until thoroughly combined.
- Remove the chicken fried rice from the griddle and garnish with green onions. Serve immediately!
What to Serve with Blackstone Chicken Fried Rice
Fried rice really goes with so many different things, even if you’re not serving it with other Asian food. You could serve it as a side dish with pineapple pork chops and it would be delicious!
Or, even leave out the chicken in the recipe and serve up some smoked chicken breasts instead. But if you want to keep things in the Asian food category, you can never go wrong with a simple baked sweet and sour chicken!
How to Store Leftover Blackstone Chicken Fried Rice
Allow the Blackstone chicken fried rice to completely cool before storing it. Then place it in an airtight container or in Ziploc bags.
FRIDGE: Store leftovers in the fridge for 3-4 days.
FREEZER: Leftovers can be frozen in an airtight container, or laid flat in a freezer bag, and frozen for up to 3 months.
How to Reheat Fried Rice
To reheat, let leftovers thaw if frozen. Then, place them in a microwave or on the stovetop until warmed thoroughly.
Can I use something other than chicken in this Blackstone fried rice?
You can absolutely use another type of meat. Cook shrimp, cubed steak, pork, or even diced ham as a substitute for chicken. But remember to adjust the cook time accordingly for whatever type of meat you choose to cook.
How hot should a griddle be for fried rice?
If you don’t have an infrared thermometer, just heat the Blackstone to a medium heat. If you do have one, use it to check the temperature and get it to about 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Make things a little faster by shredding chicken from a rotisserie chicken, or using canned chicken! You won’t need to cook it as long, just throw it on the griddle to warm it and season it.
- Swap the white rice for brown rice or cauliflower rice in this Blackstone chicken fried rice recipe.
- Drizzle sriracha sauce on your bowl of fried rice for a little kick!
This fried rice is so good for a quick dinner or easy meal prep! You’re going to love it!
More Dinner Recipes You’ll Love
- The Blackstone can make so much more than fried rice. You can make these insane Blackstone Crunchwraps so easily!
- Liven up your Taco Tuesday routine with these incredible Smoked Pork Carnitas.
- Looking for some healthy dinner options? Make a tasty Grilled Chicken Salad.
- Grilled Steak Fajita Kabobs would be the perfect dish to serve at your next summer cookout.
Shop Our Spices
- 2 Tablespoons sesame oil
- 2 Tablespoons canola oil can use vegetable oil or butter
- ½ cup diced onion
- 1 ½ teaspoons minced garlic
- 2 cups frozen peas and carrots
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts diced
- 3 cups cooked cold white rice
- 3 large eggs whisked
- ¼ cup reduced sodium soy sauce
- Sliced green onions for garnish optional
- Heat Blackstone griddle to medium heat and pour oil on it. When it is hot add diced chicken to the griddle top.
- Brown the chicken, then add 1 Tablespoon soy sauce and 1 Tablespoons sesame oil, tossing chicken frequently. Once done, move chicken off to the side of the griddle to keep warm.
- Add oil to the griddle and vegetables. Drizzle with 1 Tablespoon soy sauce and cook until the vegetables are tender. Move off to the side of the griddle.
- Next, add cold rice to the hot griddle and mix in 1 Tablespoons soy sauce, garlic and 1 Tablespoon sesame oil, stir well. Once the rice is hot, move off to the side of the griddle.
- Pour whisked eggs onto the hot griddle and scramble. When they are done, mix all the ingredients together on a griddle, add 1 Tablespoon of sauce sauce and mix to combine.
- Remove from heat, garnish with green onions if desired and serve immediately.