Grilled Steak Fajita Kabobs
Delicious steak kabobs with a homemade fajita marinade, peppers, onions and so much flavor! These Grilled Steak Fajita Kabobs are an easy dinner recipe on the grill. Get your skewers out and make them tonight.
Your mouth will be watering with the tender pieces of sirloin steak and perfectly cooked vegetables. The best part is this easy recipe can be ready in about 30 minutes!
It’s summertime and that means it’s grilling time, spending time outside and enjoying the weather with family and friends. That’s why you need this easy kabob recipe for busy nights!
Why You Should Make Steak Fajita Kabobs!
- Kabobs are naturally healthy! Loaded with steak and vegetables this is an easy healthy dinner hot of the grill.
- Did we mention this steak kabob recipe only takes about 30 minutes from start to finish?
- Don’t want to thread everything on a skewer? Turn them into a foil packet meal to mix it up!
Ingredients Needed for Steak Fajita Kabobs
- Fajita seasoning – This can be homemade or store bought.
- Lime juice – Use fresh squeezed lime juice.
- Olive oil – You can also use coconut or vegetable oil.
- Garlic powder
- Peppers – We used a green, red and yellow pepper, but you can use whatever peppers you have! Make sure they are sliced the same size, about 1” squares.
- Sweet onion – Sliced in 1” squares.
How to Make Fajita Steak Kabobs
- Prep – Preheat your grill to medium-high heat. If you are using wooden skewers, soak the skewers in a bowl of water to prevent them from burning on the grill.
- Marinade Steak – In a large bowl, combine fajita seasoning, lime juice, olive oil, and garlic powder until well mixed. Add steak cubes to the marinade mixture making sure each one is completely coated.
- Make Kabobs – Stack peppers, onion, and marinaded steak cubes onto skewers alternating each for variety.
- Grill – Place skewers on preheated grill, cover grill and cook for 10 minutes, flipping halfway through making sure they are cooked completely on all sides.
- Serve – These are best served warm with limes for added flavor.
What is another variation of Fajita Kabobs I can make?
Another variation of these fajita skewers would be to make them with cubed chicken breast in place of the steak.
What are substitutions that I can make?
- You can substitute the olive oil for coconut oil or vegetable oil.
- You can substitute the onion for red onion, white onion, or yellow onion.
- You can substitute the yellow pepper with orange pepper.
How to Store Leftover Fajita Kabobs
If you have leftover steak kabobs they can be stored in an airtight container in a refrigerator for up to 4 days or in a freezer for up to 2 months. Makes sure to thaw completely in a refrigerator before reheating and serving.
Do I have to use store-bought fajita seasoning or can I make my own?
You can make your own fajita seasoning, you do not have to use store-bought fajita seasoning for these grilled steak fajita skewers.
Can I eat these warm or cold?
These grilled steak fajita skewers are best served warm.
Can I make this ahead of time and freeze it?
Yes, you can make these grilled steak fajita skewers ahead of time and freeze them. Make sure to thaw them completely in a refrigerator before reheating and serving.
Can I make this on a stove instead of a grill?
Yes, you can make these steak fajita skewers on a stove instead of a grill. Heat them over medium-high heat in a large stovetop pan with a lid for about 15 minutes or until each side is cooked completely and evenly.
What if I don’t have skewers?
You can make these grilled steak fajita skewers without the use of skewers by folding the peppers, onion, and marinaded steak cubes in an aluminum pocket and heating them on the grill this way, flipping once.
What to served with Steak Kabobs
- Grilled Corn Salad recipe is a summer salad that is packed with flavor from grilled summer corn, fresh tomatoes, avocados, lime juice, red onion, and cilantro.
- Need a side dish on the grill? Make baked potatoes on the grill. They are brushed with butter than seasoned with salt, pepper, and garlic powder.
- Make your corn on the cob in foil! To make Corn on the cob in Foil simply season with salt, slather with a little butter then wrap it up in foil.
- These Grilled Green Beans Foil Packets are the perfect quick and easy side dish on your grill! Grab your fresh green beans, season them, wrap them in foil and you will have a delicious, healthy grilling recipe everyone will love!
Did you make this? If you snap a photo, please be sure tag me on Instagram at @gimmesomegrilling or #gimmesomegrilling so I can see your grilling masterpieces!
Grilled Steak Fajita Kabobs
- 1 ½ pounds sirloin steak cubed
- ¼ cup fajita seasoning
- ¼ cup lime juice about juice from 2 limes, plus more for after grilling
- 3 Tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 green pepper sliced into 1 inch x 1 inch squares
- 1 red pepper sliced into 1 inch x 1 inch squares
- 1 yellow pepper sliced into 1 inch x 1 inch squares
- 1 small sweet onion sliced into 1 inch x 1 inch squares
- Preheat your grill to medium-high heat. If you are using wooden skewers, soak the skewers in a bowl of water to prevent them from burning on the grill.
- In a large bowl, combine fajita seasoning, lime juice, olive oil, and garlic powder until well mixed.
- Add steak cubes to the marinade mixture making sure each one is completely coated.
- Stack peppers, onion, and marinaded steak cubes onto skewers alternating each for variety.
- Grill fajita skewers covered for 10 minutes, flipping halfway through making sure they are cooked completely on all sides.
- Serve warm with limes for added flavor.
Leave a Comment