Smoked Pork Tacos
Everyone loves a delicious taco! It’s a great party food or easy dinner recipe. That’s why we love these easy Smoked Pork Tacos for a fun twist on your favorite dinner. Soft shells loaded with seasoned smoked pork and your favorite taco toppings!
We love these pork tacos with some corn salsa and grilled corn guacamole for an epic taco night! There’s enough smoked pork to serve a whole crowd or save the leftovers to enjoy during the week. You are going to love this recipe!
What cut of pork is best for tacos?
Pork shoulder is the best cut to make shredded pork for tacos! It’s a tougher cut that takes really well to a low and slow cooking method like smoking. As it cooks, the fat melts flavoring the meat and tenderizing it. Once it’s done it’s easy to shred and is so tender!
Shredded smoked pork makes the best taco filling or you can use it for sandwiches, salads, or use it to make taco bowls.
For this recipe, we’re turning it into the best smoked pulled pork tacos wrapped up in flour tortillas with all the taco toppings. That smoked meat is so delicious – I can’t wait for you to try it!
Ingredients for Smoked Pork Tacos!
- Pork shoulder – Let it sit out at room temperature before you cook it. Cold meat doesn’t cook as evenly so let it warm up first.
- BBQ rub – You can use your favorite store-bought rub or use our favorite homemade BBQ rub!
- Flour tortillas – Or you can use crunchy taco shells if you prefer.
How to Smoke Pork Shoulder
Season: Rub the spice rub all over the pork shoulder and place it in your smoker with the fat cap facing up.
Cook: Smoke the pork for three to four hours at 250°F.
Rest: Once it’s done cooking, let it rest for 10 minutes.
Shred! Use two forks to shred the meat or bear claws – if there is excessive fat go ahead and remove it.
How do you know when smoked pork shoulder is done?
Use a meat thermometer to measure the internal temperature – it should be between 180° and 190°F. This is the easiest way to know without any guesswork!
How to Make Smoked Pork Tacos
Once you have your delicious smoked pork shoulder shredded, it’s time to assemble the tacos!
Place some shredded meat in a flour tortilla and top with your favorite taco toppings. Here are some of the ones we love!
- Shredded red cabbage or green cabbage
- Sliced jalapenos
- Diced tomatoes
- Diced red onion
- Add some salsa, taco sauce, or hot sauce!
- Squeeze some fresh lime juice over the top.
- Drizzle some creamy queso over the meat or sprinkle some shredded cheese.
- Or try some spicy ranch dressing on top instead of salsa!
- Guacamole, diced avocado, or some sour cream add a nice creamy finish.
Other Ways to Serve Smoked Shredded Pork
If you have leftovers there are a few ways to use them to make a whole new meal! Here are some ideas:
- Roll the meat up in a large flour tortilla with cooked rice, cheese, and beans to make burritos. Add other burrito fillings that you love.
- Warm the shredded pork in some BBQ sauce to make sandwiches.
- Serve the pork over rice with some grilled pineapple for a tropical twist!
- Use the leftover meat to make nachos with your favorite toppings.
- Make a great salad with leftover pulled pork, lettuce, and your favorite veggies and dressing.
Your family and friends are going to LOVE this pork tacos recipe! It’s a really fun weekend smoking project and the results are out of this world – juicy tender pork with all those taco toppings. Yum! I hope you give it a try soon.
More Amazing Smoked Meats
- My 3-2-1 Smoked Ribs are so easy and finger-lickin’ delicious!
- Smoked Pork Chops are easy enough for a weeknight dinner and so juicy and tender.
- If you love bologna sandwiches you have to try Smoked Bologna! It takes that classic sandwich to a whole new level.
- You don’t have to wait for the holidays to try Smoked Turkey – it’s amazing any time of year!
Did you make this? If you snap a photo, please be sure tag me on Instagram at @gimmesomegrilling or #gimmesomegrilling so I can see your grilling masterpieces!
Smoked Pork Tacos
- 2 pound pork shoulder room temperature
- 3 Tablespoons BBQ rub
- 12 4” soft taco shells
- 1 cup red cabbage shredded
- 2 jalapenos sliced
- 2 roma tomatoes diced
- 1 cup red onion diced
- optional toppings and sides queso, cilantro, spicy ranch, taco sauce, hot sauce, sour cream, salsa, spanish rice, tortilla chips.
- Preheat the smoker to 250℉.
- Rub the BBQ seasoning all over the pork shoulder and place in the smoker fat cap up.
- Smoke for 3-4 hours or it reaches an internal temperature of 180℉-190℉.
- Remove from smoker and let rest for 10 minutes before pulling the pork.
- Pull the pork using 2 forks or a set of bear claws, removing any excessive fat. Season with more BBQ seasoning if desired.
- Assemble the tacos, start with approximately 3oz of the pulled pork and top with the shredded red cabbage, tomatoes, red onion and jalapenos.
Leave a Comment