Tender, juicy chicken on skewers with peppers and onions make these Asian Chicken Skewers the perfect quick dinner recipe! They are also so delicious they can easily be served when you entertain!
One of my favorite meals on the grill are chicken skewers! Tender, juicy chicken with onions and peppers (something magical happens with peppers when they are grilled!) in delicious Asian flavors. These Chicken Skewers are so EASY and yet full of flavor. I love whipping them up on a weeknight or having a few people over and grilling them for a party. I love that skewers are fancy enough to serve to guests but, yet, easy and quick enough to throw together for a quick weeknight meal.
Yum, yum, yum! Don’t you agree?
What’s not to love?
My kids adore eating things off the a stick. Utensils are totally optional when you eat chicken skewers, even the grown ups can dig in with their hands!
We had the county fair this weekend and there’s just something about eating something straight off a stick, don’t you agree? It’s really good the fair only comes around once a year or I’d have to buy bigger pants and Mom surely does not want that!
Grocery list for chicken skewers and marinade
- Boneless skinless chicken breasts
- Green pepper
- Red pepper
- Purple onion
- Soy sauce
- Ground ginger
- Garlic powder
How long do you grill chicken skewers?
- It only takes 14-16 minutes to complete grill these kabobs, love that!
Pro Tip! If you’re using wooden skewers, be sure to soak them in water for at least 30 minutes before your thread the chicken onto the kabobs. No skewers? In a pinch chopsticks will do the trick! Again, just be sure to soak them first!
How do I make chicken skewers?
- In a bowl, mix together the ingredients for the marinade.
- Place chicken in marinade, cover and refrigerate.
- Soak wooden skewers for at least 30 minutes
- Remove chicken from fridge. Thread a piece of chicken on skewer, then alternate with the vegetables. Repeat until skewer is full.
- Place skewers on a preheated grill.
- Cover and grill for 7-8 inches each side until the chicken is cooked.
Love these kabobs, don’t you? The honey in the marinade really helps gives the chicken a beautiful golden color and sweet flavor when it’s grilled. Everyone always tells you to eat the rainbow, right? If this is eating the rainbow, I’m totally on board with it!
Well if you, you can start right here! Chicken kabobs are one of my favorite meals!
Here are more great recipes for meals on a stick!
- Bacon Ranch Chicken Kabobs
- Grilled Mediterranean Chicken Kabobs
- Marinated Grilled Vegetable and Steak Kabobs
- BEST Kabob Recipes!
Are you ready to fire up the grill and enjoy this meal?!! I hope you love these as much as we do! When you make this, be sure to tag me on Instagram @gimmesomegrilling or hashtag #gimmesomegrilling!
Don’t forget if you love these kabobs be sure to comment and leave a five star rating below!
Asian Chicken Skewers
- 2 lb boneless skinless chicken breasts cut into 1'' pieces
- 1 green pepper cut into 1'' pieces
- 1 red pepper cut into 1'' pieces
- 1 purple onion cut into 1'' pieces
- 2 Tbsp honey
- 1/4 c. soy sauce
- 1/4 tsp ground ginger
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- In a bowl mix together the ingredients for the marinade. Place chicken in marinade, cover with an airtight lid and place in the refrigerator for 4-8 hours.
- Soak wooden skewers for at least 30 minutes if you are using them.
- Remove chicken from fridge. Thread a piece of chicken on skewer, then a piece of green pepper, red pepper and purple onion. Repeat until skewer is full.
- Place skewers on grill that has been preheat to 350 degrees. Cover and grill 7-8 minutes. Open cover of grill and rotate skewers. Grill an additional 7-8 minutes or until internal temperature is 165 degrees F and juicy run clear.