Greek Chicken Kabobs are made of boneless, skinless chicken breast that is marinated in a Greek marinade made with lemon, garlic, dill, and oregano.
We recommend serving these Chicken Kabobs with our favorite homemade Tzatziki sauce! There will be enough sauce to serve pita chips and veggies along with your meal to dunk in the sauce. If you have leftovers of this meal serve it the next day in a quick Greek chicken wrap or spoon it over grilled salmon!
The juicy, tender chicken and fresh vegetables are bursting with flavor- this is an easy and healthy meal. Perfect for a quick weeknight dinner on the grill!
The BEST Greek Chicken Kabobs!
These chicken kabobs are so simple and easy to make. All you need to do is fire up the grill and get ready to create a delicious dinner that everyone is going to love!
Plus, not only do they taste great but they’re a great source of protein and veggies. Use those garden veggies for adding in some tasty flavors as well.
I think eating things off a stick always makes it more fun, so I’m a huge fan of skewers!
- Chicken Breasts – You could also use thighs, they will need a few extra minutes to cook.
- Olive oil – Prevents sticking to the grill and prevents chicken from drying out.
- Lemon juice – Use fresh and not bottled.
- Garlic – Minced, best to use fresh.
- Dried Oregano, Basil, Thyme, Dill, Salt, Pepper – A delicious seasoning blend to give you those Greek flavors in the marinade.
- Red onion – Cut into even-sized pieces, add them even if you don’t like them to give the meat flavor.
- Grape tomatoes – Just thread these on the skewer.
- Sliced zucchini – Slice these nice and thick to prevent them from cooking to quickly.
How to Make Greek Chicken Kabobs
Make Marinade – Combine the oil, lemon, garlic, seasonings, and herbs in a large bowl.
Marinade – Add the chicken pieces to the marinade and toss to coat them. Marinate the chicken for at least 30 minutes.
Assemble – Thread the marinated chicken and the veggies onto skewers.
Grill – Place the kabobs on the grill over medium heat until the chicken is cooked through, the internal temperature should be 165 degrees Fahrenheit. It should take about five to seven minutes on each side.
What goes best with chicken kabobs?
There are a lot ways to serve them!
- Add some Tzatziki Sauce on the side for dipping.
- Serve them with a green salad on the side with your favorite dressing.
- Pile that delicious Greek chicken and vegetables over cooked rice.
- Or try some delicious warm Pita Bread!
How do you store leftover kabobs?
If you have any leftover, storage is quite simple! All you need to do is remove the food items off the kabobs and place them in a storage container in the fridge. Then when you’re ready to eat, you just need to reheat and eat.
Since they won’t technically be kabobs anymore, they’re great to eat as is or to add to a salad or something such as that.
Do I need to soak my skewers?
YES! If you use wooden skewers make sure you soak them for at least 30 minutes before putting ingredients on you skewer. This prevents the skewer from burning when you grill them.
Can you cook kabobs in the oven?
Yes, if you don’t have a grill you can bake them in the oven. Place them on a sheet pan and bake them at 350°F for 30 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through.
More Kabob Recipes!
- BBQ Chicken Kabobs
- Teriyaki Sausage & Chicken Kabobs
- Sausage & Shrimp Kabobs
- Grilled Sesame Chicken Kabobs
- Teriyaki Chicken Kabobs
Be sure and take a moment below to comment and tell me what your favorite kabob is on the grill! I want to make sure if it’s a recipe I don’t have on the blog I can develop it for you!
Thank you and enjoy this grilled chicken kebabs recipe!
Shop Our Spices
- 1 1/2 lbs boneless, skinless chicken breast cut into 1'' pieces
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 lemon juiced
- 2 tsp minced garlic
- 1 Tbsp oregano
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1 tsp basil
- 1/2 tsp dill
- 1/4 tsp thyme
- Salt and pepper
- 1 red onion cut into even chunks for skewers
- 1.5 pints grape tomatoes
- 3 zucchinis sliced evenly for skewers
- Tzatziki Sauce optional
- In a medium bowl, whisk together olive oil, lemon juice, garlic, and seasonings.
- Toss chicken with mixture until thoroughly and evenly coated.
- Cover bowl with plastic wrap and let chicken marinade at least 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350 or preheat grill to medium high.
- Assemble skewers, onion, chicken, zucchini, and tomato. If you are using wooden skewers remember to soak them before you use them to prevent them catching on fire.
- Cook in a preheated oven 30 minutes or until chicken is cooked through and vegetables are crisp/tender. Or cook on the grill for 5-7 on each side, or until chicken is cooked through.
- Serve with Tzatziki sauce