Balsamic Steak Marinade is a quick and easy steak marinade recipe that is bursting with flavor. If you are a big fan of balsamic like I am you are going to love this! Simply mix up the ingredients and steak your favorite steak in the marinade overnight. Then pull it out of the marinade and give it a quick ride the grill. The end result is a tender, juicy steak ready for you to cut into and devour!
We love pairing our steaks with sides on the grill like these delicious Grilled Vegetables and Cheesy Garlic Bread! When you make your dinner on the grill it means there’s little clean up which is always awesome!
The BEST Balsamic Steak Marinade!
This just might be one of the most simple steak marinades, ever. All you need are a few ingredients and a little bit of patience and you’ll be able to enjoy bite after bite of flavorful and perfectly marinated steak!
Balsamic seems to be a hit or miss flavor. Either you LOVE it or you HATE it. Personally, I’m on the LOVE it side of things, but my husband is not.
If you have a person in your family that isn’t a big fan of balsamic you might want to try out “The BEST Steak Marinade” instead!
What ingredients do I need for Balsamic Steak Marinade?
If you’d rather skip my (very helpful, I think) tips and tricks, essential cooking info, and similar recipe ideas – and get straight to this delicious easy Steak Kabobs recipe – simply scroll to the bottom of the page where you can find the printable recipe card.
- Balsamic Vinegar
- Light Brown Sugar
- Dried Rosemary
- Kosher Salt
- Black Pepper
Make certain that you scroll to the recipe at the bottom of the post for all the ingredients and measurements.
How do I make Balsamic Steak Marinade?
- Mix – Whisk together all the ingredients in a bowl, minus the steak.
- Marinate – Add steaks into a Ziploc bag and pour the marinade on top of the steak.
- Prepare – Let marinate for at least 2 hours before cooking.
Balsamic Steak Marinade FAQs
Even though the recipe for this steak marinade might be fairly straight forward, there are still a few questions that might come up along the way. Here are some of the common questions and answers that can hopefully help you out as well!
If you have additional questions make sure to leave a comment below and we will do our best to answer them!
Does Balsamic Vinegar Tenderize Meat?
It actually does! The acid in the vinegar can help make tough spots more tender throughout the cut of steak.
Should you Marinate Steak?
While this can be more of a preference, my answer to this is always going to be yes. Marinating a steak just adds such a fun flavor that can really enhance the overall experience.
If you prefer to rub your steak here’s a great Steak Seasoning!
How long should I marinate steak?
At a minimum, you’ll want to marinate the steak for 2 hours in length. Most people prefer overnight or up to 24 hours for maximum flavor.
Can you marinate too long?
You actually can. Marinating your steak for 24 hours in length is the maximum amount of time recommended otherwise the steak may actually take on too much flavor that can ruin the entire cut of meat.
What’s the best cut of steak to marinate?
The flank steak is actually the best cut of steak to marinate because it’s boneless and doesn’t have a lot of fat. Marinating it can make it more tender and add in a ton of flavor.
More great marinade recipes!
If you loved this steak marinade here are a few more great marinade recipes that I’m sure you’ll want to try too!
- Garlic Steak Marinade
- The BEST Steak Marinade
- Red Wine Steak Marinade
- The BEST Pork Chop Marinade
- Brown Sugar Bourbon Marinade
Pair your grilled steak with these side dish recipes!
Looking for a side dish that’s prepared on the grill right along side your steak? Here are a few of our favorite easy grilled side dishes!
- Cheesy Garlic Pull Apart Bread
- Baked Potatoes on the Grill
- Grilled Caesar Salad
- Mexican Style Grilled Cauliflower
WATCH THE STEP BY STEP VIDEO FOR THIS BALSAMIC STEAK MARINADE RECIPE BELOW:
If you enjoy watching these videos make sure you subscribe to my YouTube Channel to be notified each time I post a new video!
Tag me on Instagram when you make this @gimmesomegrilling or #gimmesomegrilling – love to see your delicious eats!!
Balsamic Steak Marinade Recipe
- ½ c. balsamic vinegar
- 2 Tbsp light brown sugar
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 1 tsp crushed dried rosemary
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1 tsp ground black pepper
- 1 ½ lb steaks 2-4 steaks (I love Sirloin, Ribeye or New York Cut Steaks!)
- In a small bowl whisk all the ingredients except the steak.
- Add steaks to a resealable zip lock bag or large bowl and pour the marinade over the top of the steak. Squeeze as much air out of bag as possible and seal.
- Marinate for at least 2 hours or overnight in refrigerator.
To Make Steaks in Skillet
- Turn heat to high and let preheat a few minutes until skillet is hot. Place steaks in skillet. Cook each side for 3 minutes. Reduce heat to medium-high. Cook steaks to the desired doneness, flipping as needed. It will take about 10 minutes depending on thickness of steaks. I prefer mine to be about 145 degrees which is medium. Let steaks rest 3 minutes before serving.
To Make Steaks on Grill
- Preheat grill to medium-high. Place steaks on grill. Cook 4-6 minutes per side or until the internal temperature reaches at least 145 degrees F for medium. Let steaks rest 3 minutes before serving.