Garlic Steak Marinade gives your steak so much flavor! It also provides a juicy, tender and delicious steak that is prepared on your grill or in your grill pan. This marinade recipe is quick, easy and made with pantry staples!
We love pairing our Garlic Steaks with Grilled Sweet Potatoes and Bacon Wrapped Asparagus for a light, healthy dinner off the grill. These three recipes make an entire meal that is prepared on your grill and they are quick and easy enough for a weeknight. If you are entertaining they are delicious enough to serve to your guests!
Grilling a great steak during the summer months is probably on everyone’s radar. There’s just something so delicious about a great steak during the warm summer months.
One thing that takes a steak from good to great is having an awesome marinade. If you’ve never dabbled in the idea of marinating before, now is the time to make it happen.
Not only is this Garlic Steak Marinade super simple, but it’s delicious in taste and flavor as well.
Ingredients for Garlic Steak Marinade
- 4 Tablespoons Basalmic Vinegar
- 4 Tablespoons Soy Sauce
- 2 Tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 Teaspoon Kosher salt
- 3 Tablespoons minced garlic
- 1 Teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 Tablespoons honey
- 1 Teaspoon Onion Powder
- 1 1/2 Pounds Steak
How to prepare marinade
This steak marinade recipe is so simple! All you literally have to do is mix together all the ingredients and add the mixture and steak into a Ziploc bag. Seal and let marinate for a minimum of 2 hours in the fridge. We personally like to pop our steak in the marinade the night before and let it marinate until dinner the next night!
Here are a few quick tips and tricks about this steak marinade.
If you have additional questions leave us a comment and we will do our best to answer them!
Should I marinate steak?
Absolutely! While steak has wonderful flavor in itself, a steak marinade will take it to a whole other level. Marinating your steak allows for your taste buds to have an enhanced experience with every single bite.
Can you marinade steak too long?
The longer that you continue to marinate your steaks, the strong the flavor is going to be. If you’re using a marinate that is salty, it is possible that you can marinate your steak too long. A good rule of thumb is not marinating for longer than 24 hours in length.
Do different cuts of steak required different marinade recipes?
Not at all. Once you decide on a steak marinade that you love, use it for all the varying cuts of meat! If you love it, be happy that you found one that’s versatile to use.
Should you rinse off any excess marinade from your steak?
No, if there happen to be any marinade on your steak that seems in excess, leave it on there during cooking. There’s a cook chance that once you start flipping it on the grill it will either cook into the steak or fall off if it’s too much. Always discard any remaining marinade you have left over.
What are you waiting for? Grab some steaks and toss them in the marinade.
Then invite your friends over and toss the steaks on the grill.
No one is going to say no to that invitation for dinner!
More Marinade Recipes!
Pair your steak with these Grilled Side Dish Recipes!
Tag me on Instagram when you make this @gimmesomegrilling or #gimmesomegrilling – love to see your delicious eats!!
Garlic Steak Marinade
- 4 Tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 4 Tbsp soy sauce
- 2 Tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 3 Tbsp minced garlic
- 1 tsp ground black pepper
- 2 Tbsp honey
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 ½ lb steaks 2-4 steaks (I love Sirloin, Ribeye or New York Cut Steaks!)
- In a small bowl whisk all the ingredients except the steak.
- Add steaks to a resealable zip lock bag or large bowl and pour the marinade over the top of the steak. Squeeze as much air out of bag as possible and seal.
- Marinate for at least 2 hours or overnight.
- To make steaks in skillet: Turn heat to high and let preheat a few minutes until skillet is hot. Place steaks in skillet. Cook each side for 3 minutes. Reduce heat to medium-high. Cook steaks to the desired doneness, flipping as needed. It will take about 10 minutes depending on thickness of steaks. I prefer mine to be about 145 degrees which is medium.
- To make steaks on the grill. Preheat grill to medium-high. Place steaks on grill. Cook 4-6 minutes per side or until the internal temperature reaches at least 145 degrees F for medium.
- Let steaks rest 3 minutes before serving.