These Cinnamon Sugar Pretzels only require four ingredients and are smoked on your Traeger with cherry wood pellets. The result is a deep smoky flavor, plus the addition of a salty, sweet crunch. They make the perfect snack or appetizer to give as a gift or serve as an appetizer at parties, holidays, or watching the game.
If there’s anything better than a salty-sweet snack, it’s a smoky-salty-sweet one! These cinnamon sugar pretzels combine all three for an irresistible snack that everyone will love.
Easy Cinnamon Sugar Pretzels Recipe
This is an easy snack recipe that’s great any time of year!
All you do is toss crunchy pretzels in a buttery cinnamon-sugar coating and place them in your smoker. When they’re done, you’ll have a batch of amazing smoked cinnamon sugar pretzel bites!
These pretzel bites are perfect for parties, BBQs, tailgating, or anytime you’re craving the perfect sweet and smoky snack!
- Pretzels – there are a lot of options you can use, but we love Butter Snap Pretzels! We love the square pretzel shape.
- Butter – I like unsalted butter because the pretzels already have salt. If you use plain pretzels you might want to use salted butter instead.
- Ground cinnamon
- Granulated white sugar
We make these so often, I like to keep a batch of homemade cinnamon sugar on hand so it’s even easier to make!
Heat a pellet smoker to 225°F following the manufacturer’s directions.
Combine the cinnamon and sugar in a small bowl.
Melt the butter in a large microwave-safe bowl and then pour the pretzels into the melted butter and gently stir to coat them evenly. Add the cinnamon-sugar mixture and stir again to coat them evenly.
Spread the coated pretzels in a single layer on a baking sheet. You can also use a disposable aluminum roasting pan for easy clean-up.
Place the pan in the smoker and smoke the pretzels for an hour and a half. Once they are done, let them sit for ten minutes at room temperature before serving.
Can you bake them in the oven instead?
Yes, if you don’t have a smoker you can bake them on a parchment-lined baking sheet at 350°F for about 15 minutes or until they are dry.
What flavor of pellets should I use?
As far as smoker pellets, we like to use fruity ones for this recipe because the smoke flavor is milder. We love using cherry or apple wood pellets, but you can use other non-fruity pellets.
Just keep in mind the pretzels really soak up the smoke, so make sure it’s a flavor you like or you might not enjoy the flavor of the pretzels.
How should you store them?
Keep your cinnamon sugar pretzels in an airtight container at room temperature. They will keep well for several days.
- You can’t go wrong with butter in this recipe, but feel free to use vegetable oil or even coconut oil in place of the butter.
- I like to let the pretzels sit for a couple of minutes after coating them with melted butter. This allows the butter to soak in for an even better flavor.
- For some extra texture, sprinkle a little more cinnamon sugar over the top before you serve them.
I can’t wait for you to try this smoky sweet treat! It’s so easy – there won’t be a single pretzel left after you serve them. Enjoy!
More Delicious Recipes
- Want another sweet recipe for the smoker? You need to try our Smoked Cinnamon Rolls with cream cheese frosting!
- BBQ Grilled Garlic Parmesan Chicken Wings are perfect for a quick party appetizer, tailgating recipe, or a fun dinner!
- Everyone will love some Smoked Teriyaki Steak Bites! They are so tender and delicious and easy to make.
- Craving dessert? S’mores Banana Boats are an easy dessert you can cook over a campfire or on a grill.
- Grilled Pineapple is so easy and the brown sugar coating takes them over the top!
Love this recipe? Be sure to comment and leave a five-star rating below! Tagging me on Instagram will definitely make me smile! You can find me here at @gimmesomegrilling
Shop Our Spices
- 12 ounces Butter Snaps Pretzels
- ½ cup Stick Butter 1 stick
- ¾ cup Sugar
- 2 Tablespoons Ground Cinnamon
- Preheat your pellet smoker to 225 degrees F according to manufacturer's directions. We recommend using a fruit flavored wood pellet like cherry or apple for the best results.
- In a small bowl, mix together the cinnamon and sugar, set aside.
- Place the butter in a large microwave friendly mixing bowl. Melt the butter in the microwave for about a minute or until fully melted.
- Add the pretzels to the bowl with the melted butter and gently fold them over until pretzels are fully coated with butter.
- Then add the cinnamon sugar mixture to the bowl with the pretzels. Gently fold mixture over again until they’re fully coated once more.
- Spread the pretzels on a baking sheet or disposable aluminum roasting pan and place in the smoker for 1.5 hours.
- Remove and let sit for about 10 minutes before serving or eating. Enjoy!