Smoked Taco Pretzels Bites
Once you start you won’t be able to stop snacking on these Smoked Taco Pretzels Bites! The perfect amount of taco seasoning coated onto Smoked Pretzels Bites to make them totally addicting. It’s a quick and easy party appetizer or snack on your smoker that is great for holidays, parties, watching the game and so much more!
Give those boring pretzels a serious flavor upgrade and make smoked pretzels! Yes, you can take a bag of crunchy pretzels, season them, smoke them and you end up with an amazing snack or appetizer.
We love to make these taco pretzels for parties, holidays, and game days because they’re always a hit! We also love to make smoked Chex mix and smoked nuts the same way.
You only need three ingredients for this recipe! We smoke pretzels flavored with taco seasoning on our pellet smoker and it couldn’t be easier. Pair this crunchy snack with some pulled pork taquitos and some chips and guacamole and everyone will fight over the last bite.
- Pretzel Bites – We love sourdough pretzel bites, but you could use any type of pretzel.
- Taco Seasoning – Make your own homemade taco seasoning or pick up some packets at the store.
- Unsalted butter – You can use salted butter, but taco seasoning is quite salty so if you do that I would recommend using a low sodium taco packet.
Preheat the pellet smoker to 250°F following the manufacturer’s directions.
Place the butter in a large bowl that is microwave-safe. Melt it in the microwave and then add the pretzels to the bowl. Gently stir to coat them.
Sprinkle the taco seasoning over the top and stir again until the pretzels are coated.
Once the smoker is heated, spread the seasoned pretzels on a baking sheet. Place the sheet pan in the smoker and smoke them for 30 minutes.
Once they are done, let them cool for a few minutes and then transfer them to a serving dish.
Smoked Pretzels Tips
Taco Seasoning: If you would like a lighter taco flavor, add one ounce of seasoning instead of two. For most store bought seasonings, one packet equals one ounce. If you use homemade, you might want to reduce the amount because it tends to have a stronger flavor. Also, you can adjust the flavor by using spicy taco seasoning or adding a few pinches of cayenne pepper.
Pellets: For smoked pretzels, fruit-flavored pellets work best because the pretzels tend to soak up a lot of the smoky flavors. Fruity woods are a little lighter. If you want a strong smoky flavor, try using hickory instead. We use Traeger cherry pellets for this recipe and they work great! It’s always a good idea to use name-brand pellets because they are of higher quality.
Pan: For easy clean-up swap the baking sheet for an aluminum roasting pan.
Butter: You can melt the butter in the microwave or melt butter on the stove in a saucepan. We love buttery pretzels, but you can also use vegetable oil or even olive oil for this recipe.
Seasoning: Swap the taco seasoning for ranch dressing mix or another seasoning mix that you like. There are a lot of ways to change it up!
Add a Dipping Sauce! They are delicious plain or pair them with salsa, cheddar cheese dip, ranch dip, beer cheese dip, or honey mustard dip!
If you’ve never used your smoker to make snack mixes you have got to try it! It’s a really simple way to dress up a bowl of pretzels. Everyone will be hooked after one bite!
More Easy Appetizer Recipes
- Smoked Queso is a warm and cheesy dip that tastes amazing!
- Make a batch of Little Smokies on your smoker and they’ll get rave reviews.
- Grab some tortilla chips because you’ll want to dip them in some delicious Corn Salsa!
Are you ready to try this recipe? I hope so and when you do be sure to tag me on Instagram @gimmesomegrilling or hashtag #gimmesomegrilling!
I really want to hear from you, so if you love these smoked taco pretzel bites, please comment and leave a five-star rating below!
Did you make this? If you snap a photo, please be sure tag me on Instagram at @gimmesomegrilling or #gimmesomegrilling so I can see your grilling masterpieces!
Smoked Taco Pretzel Bites
- 16 Ounces Sourdough Pretzel Bites 1 bag
- 2 Ounces Taco Seasoning 1 packet
- ½ c. Stick Unsalted Butter 1 stick
- Preheat your pellet smoker to 250 degrees F according to manufacturer's directions.
- Place the butter in a large, microwave-safe mixing bowl and heat it for 1 minute or until fully melted.
- Next, add the pretzels to the bowl stir gently until all pretzels are coated.
- Sprinkle the taco seasoning over the top of the butter coated pretzels. Gently stir them again, until fully coated. Allow to sit until the smoker is ready.
- Spread the pretzels on an average sized baking sheet and place in your smoker for 30 minutes. You can also use a disposable aluminum roasting pan for easy clean up.
- Remove, let cool for a couple of minutes, and enjoy!
Leave a Comment