Delicious pan fried Cheese curds made on your Blackstone! These Blackstone Cheese curds require no ingredients except the cheese curds. Perfectly toasted on the outside, gooey warm cheese on the inside. Eat them plain, with ranch or put them on your favorite burger!
Skip the restaurant or drive-thru and make the most delicious cheese curds in the comfort of your own home. Blackstone cheese curds are insanely simple to make and have an incredible flavor.
They’re gluten-free too! There’s no need for a breading because the heat of the Blackstone griddle creates a kind of crispy outside around the curds.
Pair them with a meal of tasty Blackstone patty melts and seasoned smoked potatoes for a hearty meal that anyone would enjoy. Whether you’ve had cheese curds or not, you can make this recipe. It is so simple and puts your Blackstone to good use. There are so many unique foods you can make on the Blackstone and these cheese curds are one of our favorites!
Why You’ll Love Blackstone Cheese Curds
- It only takes about 8 minutes to make this super easy cheese curds recipe. You could throw it together for any meal without much time at all!
- These can be served as an appetizer or a side dish. Cheese curds are really versatile and you can use them for anything you want!
- Learning how to make cheese curds on the Blackstone since it is a healthier option. Without the breading and oil, these curds are much healthier!
Ingredients for Cheese Curds on Blackstone
- Cheese curds – Yup, that’s it! All you need for this recipe is simply cheese curds. For best results, make sure you buy high quality curds that have a good flavor. There are tons of different brands out there, so just choose the one you like best. You can get cheese curds that are various different types of cheddar, and even some that are flavored. Whatever you choose will work great with this super simple method of cooking.
How to Make Cheese Curds
- Preheat the Blackstone griddle to a low heat.
- Once preheated, place the cheese curds on the griddle in groups of 4-5 curds.
- Flip the curds every 30-45 seconds until the outsides start to become golden brown and the groups of 4-5 curds have melted together. The total time will be about 3-4 minutes.
- Then remove from the griddle and serve immediately!
How to Store Leftover Cheese Curds
Since these cheese curds do not have a breading, they may be a bit difficult to reheat. However, you can certainly store the leftovers and give it a shot!
FRIDGE: Place leftover cheese in an airtight container or plastic storage bag and then refrigerate for up to 3 days.
FREEZER: Freeze leftovers in an airtight container or freezer bag and freeze for up to a month. Allow to thaw before reheating.
How to Reheat Cheese Curds
To reheat, place back onto a warm Blackstone or heat a non stick skillet and pop the curds into a hot pan. Heat until just warm!
What to Serve with Cheese Curds
Serve these griddle cheese curds alongside any of your favorite main dishes! They’d be a great side for smoked hot dogs and Blackstone pilly cheesesteak. If you’d like to make more of your meal on the Blackstone, these Blackstone steak bites would pair well with this cheese curds recipe too!
Blackstone smash burger sliders are a great hearty pairing to serve as an appetizer or a main meal.
Don’t forget to serve cheese curds with your favorite dips!
Do cheese curds need to be frozen before being cooked?
Since this cheese curds recipe does not require the curds to go into hot oil, it is not necessary to freeze the curds. Grab them right from the fridge, and if needed, spread them onto a baking sheet to transfer to the Blackstone.
- For the best flavored dip, make ranch with homemade ranch seasoning.
- Make sure you move the curds around enough so that the outsides get browned evenly.
- Low heat for the Blackstone should be anywhere from 250°F-350°F. You can use an infrared thermometer to check the temp!
- You do not need oil in this recipe because the cheese releases enough oil to prevent sticking. If you use additional oil you will end up with an oily cheese curd.
Griddle cheese curds may not be the traditional way to make this classic dish, but it sure is tasty. You’re going to love how simple this recipe is!
More Blackstone Recipes You’ll Love
- Breakfast just got a whole lot easier with this Blackstone Omelette. Easy, quick, and packed full of protein to keep you fueled all morning!
- You can make the most amazing pancakes on the griddle with this recipe for Blackstone Pancakes. They’re the perfect texture and you can make a ton of them all at once! Great if you’re hosting guests.
- If making cheese curds on the Blackstone isn’t traditional, then making Blackstone Popcorn sure isn’t either. But you totally have to try this unconventional method because the results are stellar!
- Blackstone Nachos are like restaurant quality nachos, without ever having to leave the comfort of your own home. This simple recipe packs a punch in the flavor department too!
Shop Our Spices
- 16 ounce cheddar cheese curds
- Preheat the griddle to low heat.
- Once the griddle is preheated, place the cheese curds on the griddle in groups of 4-5 cheese curds.
- Flip the cheese curds every over every 30-45 seconds until they start to get golden brown on the outside and the groups of 4-5 cheese curds are melted together, takes about 3-4 minutes.
- Remove from the griddle and serve immediately.