Dig into these Blackstone Smash Breakfast Tacos! A crispy tortilla with a delicious smash sausage patty topped with a fried egg and cheese. They are epic and make the perfect hearty breakfast or serve them for dinner.
These yummy smash breakfast tacos are a great way to start your day fueled with protein. Whether you need an on-the-go breakfast to eat on busy mornings or a fun weekend breakfast, these breakfast smash tacos are just the thing to make. Breakfast may juts be our favorite meal to make on the Blackstone! Blackstone breakfast sandwiches and Blackstone breakfast crunchwraps have become a staple in our household.
And it’s no wonder when it’s so easy to cook on the Blackstone. We can quickly clean the mess we make and then move along with our day. So, if you’re looking for a way to make breakfast tacos extra easy then you’re going to love this recipe. So much flavor and happiness in a little tortilla package!
Why You’ll Love Smash Breakfast Tacos
- Make four tacos in just under a half hour. If you have a large Blackstone, you may even be able to make more tacos at once to serve more people.
- Easily customize and adapt this recipe to fit your preferences and add whatever you want to your smash breakfast tacos. There’s no rules here, so go with whatever tasty additions make you happy!
- Breakfast tacos are a great item to serve when you need to feed a large amount of people. So this recipe is perfect for when you’re hosting or have a large family to feed.
Ingredients for Breakfast Smash Tacos
- Sausage – Use your favorite breakfast sausage in this recipe. It can be spicy sausage or you can go without the kick!
- Soft tortillas – Fresh flour tortillas make the best Blackstone breakfast tacos, so make sure you grab the most fresh tortillas you can find.
- Shredded cheddar – For the cheesiest and gooiest results, shred your own cheese instead of buying pre-shredded cheese.
- Eggs – We recommend grabbing large eggs or extra large eggs.
- Chives – Chives just add so much more flavor to breakfast tacos!
- Butter – You can use either salted butter or unsalted butter, both will work great.
- Salsa – For the best flavor, make your own fresh salsa. However, if you don’t have time to do that you can use store-bought salsa too.
How to Make Smash Breakfast Tacos
Begin by preparing all of your toppings so that they are ready to go once the tacos are complete. If needed, store them in the fridge while you make Blackstone breakfast tacos.
Preheat your Blackstone to a medium-high heat.
Then divide the ground sausage into four equal parts. Take one chunk and spread it evenly over a tortilla, covering the entire surface. Repeat this process with each tortilla until all sausage is gone. Place on a baking sheet until ready to cook!
Melt half of the butter onto the cooking surface of the Blackstone and spread it around with the back of a spatula. Then place the tortillas, meat side down, on the greased surface.
Cook for 3-4 minutes then flip the breakfast smash burger tacos and top with shredded cheese. Cook for 3 more minutes, or until the sausage reaches an internal temperature of 165 degrees Fahrenheit.
Melt the other half of the butter and the crack the eggs on the griddle cook however you’d like. You can scramble them, make them sunny side up, omelette style, any way you like!
Once done, place onto the smash tacos and fold in half.
Add any of your favorite toppings, and enjoy!
How to Store Leftover Smash Breakfast Tacos
Store tacos, toppings, and eggs in separate air tight containers. Then refrigerate for up to 3 days.
How to Reheat Leftover Smash Tacos
To reheat, place on the stove top, in the oven, or in microwave until warmed through. I do not recommend freezing these tacos.
What to Serve with Breakfast Smash Tacos
Of course, you can just pair a taco with a glass of orange juice or your morning coffee too! But adding some tasty breakfast creations alongside this yummy smash taco is never a bad idea.
Toppings for Smash Breakfast Tacos
Serve this tasty creation with any of your favorite toppings! We like cheese, chives, and salsa, but there are so many other options. Here are a few:
- Sliced or diced avocado
- Pico de gallo
- Hot sauce
- Fresh cilantro
- Fresh tomatoes
- Sautéed onions
- Diced onions
- Roasted potatoes
Pro Tips for the best breakfast tacos
- Use an infrared instant read thermometer to check the temperature of your Blackstone grilled before cooking.
- If you do not have a Blackstone, you can make these breakfast smash burger tacos on a griddle or in a large skillet!
- Ask everyone you are serving how they like their eggs and make each persons eggs to their personal preference. They’ll like their taco even more that way!
These amazing breakfast tacos are just so easy to make and are so tasty! Once you add your favorite toppings, you’re going to love them even more.
More Blackstone Recipes You’ll Love
- For another hearty breakfast, make a Blackstone Omelette!
- If you have never tried Blackstone Steak, you are missing out, Give it a whirl for dinner tonight!
- These Blackstone Smash Burger Sliders are a great dinner and game day recipe.
- Make some Blackstone Steak Bites for a quick and easy dinner on a busy evening.
Shop Our Spices
- 2 Tablespoons butter
- 1 pound ground sausage
- 1 ½ cups shredded cheddar
- 4 taco size soft tortillas get the SMALL ones!
- 4 eggs
- Prepare your toppings as desired so they are ready to serve with your tacos when they are done. Store in the refrigerator if needed.
- Preheat Blackstone Griddle medium-high heat.
- Divide the ground sausage into 4 equal sections. Take one section and spread it evenly over one side of a taco shell making sure to cover the entire taco shell, it will be thin. Repeat with all taco shells and ground sausage. Place on tray until ready to cook.
- Put half of the butter onto the cooking surface, spread around with the back of the spatula. Place taco shells with meat side down on the hot cooking surface.
- Cook 3-4 minutes, flip taco and top with some cheese on each taco. Cook an additional 3 minutes or until the sausage is cooked through to 165 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Once the sausage is fully cooked, remove them from the griddle.
- Melt the other half of the butter on the cooking surface. Crack the eggs on the griddle and cook them to your liking. I like sunny side up.
- Once eggs are done put on top of taco and fold in half.
- Serve and enjoy!