Sweet, salty and addictive! These easy Smoked Pretzels have a delicious rub on them, are smoked and perfectly seasoned. They are the perfect snack or appetizer for a party.
Appetizers and snacks don’t get much easier than pretzels on the smoker! These smoked seasoned pretzels are absolutely delicious. We love making a large batch of these or smoked snack mix and munching on it through the week. These smoked pretzels also make the perfect game day appetizer!
This recipe makes these pretzels smoky and packed full of flavor. It’s truly one of the easiest recipes you can make. If you’re a beginner with your smoker, it’s a great idea to start with easy recipes like these, you’ll love smoked apples, and smoked nuts.
Why You’ll Love Smoked Pretzels
- This simple recipe only consists of three ingredients! It’s a great budget friendly option and perfect for those times that you forgot you needed an appetizer until the last minute.
- It only takes 5 minutes to prep this snack pretzels recipe. The rest is “set and forget” in the smoker. So easy!
- This recipe is very adaptable. So, you can easily double or triple it and you can change up the seasonings to fit your preferences.
Ingredients for this Smoked Pretzel Recipe
- Tiny twist pretzels – We liked using twists in this recipe, but you could also use square pretzels or pretzel sticks. We would recommend steering away from using the thick pretzel twist sticks.
- Melted butter – Unsalted or salted butter would both work well in this recipe.
- Sweet and Smoky/BBQ Rub – Purchase our delicious sweet and smoky rub, grab one from your local grocery store, or make your own rub.
How to make Smoked Pretzels
- Preheat your smoker to 250 degrees Fahrenheit before you begin mixing the pretzels and ingredients together.
- In a large mixing bowl, toss the tiny pretzel twists in the melted butter until each one is thoroughly coated.
- Sprinkle the sweet and smoky rub, or whatever other rub you’ve chosen, into the same bowl and gently toss the pretzels to coat them.
- Then, dump the seasoned pretzels onto a baking sheet or disposable aluminum pan and spread them out.
- Place the pan into the preheated smoker for one hour, stirring every 20 minutes.
- Let them cool and them serve!
What to serve with Smoked Pretzels
Pair these sweet and smoky pretzels with this tasty smoked cream cheese.
How to Store Smoked Pretzels
These pretzels are best stored at room temperature in an airtight container. They’ll last about 4-5 days! You can also store them in a large Ziplock bag, just be sure that you release all of the air out the bag before zipping it shut.
What seasonings are good on smoked seasoned pretzels?
If you don’t want sweet and smoky pretzels, there are plenty of different seasonings you could use! You could make garlic parmesan pretzels or even make a slight change and use a spicy sweet rub.
You could even add extra flavor to this recipe by tossing in some Worcestershire sauce. There are so many options!
Pro Tips for the Best Smoked Pretzels
- This snack pretzel recipe is great anytime, but they’re so tasty when they’re still a little warm. So try making them close to when you plan to serve them so that they’re still warm when served!
- Be sure you stir the pretzels every 20 minutes so that they’re all moved around and get the same amount of smoke.
- It is important that every pretzel gets coated in butter so that the seasoning sticks to them. If you need to melt a little extra butter to ensure that every pretzels is covered, go for it!
This super simple appetizer is such a win! Try it out and let us know what you think.
More Appetizers You’ll Love
- Need some more crazy easy recipes to try out on the smoker? These Smoked Almonds are easy to make and absolutely delicious.
- If you love this recipe, but have a sweet tooth, then you need to check out these Smoked Cinnamon Sugar Pretzels. They’re just as tasty and will satisfy that sweet tooth!
- Having steak for dinner? Then you need some mushrooms to go with it! These smoked mushrooms are so tasty and not too difficult to make.
- Take deviled eggs to the next level by smoking them! These Smoked Deviled Eggs will be your new favorite treat.
Shop Our Spices
- 15 ounces tiny twist pretzels
- ½ cup butter melted
- 3 Tablespoons Sweet & Smoky or BBQ Rub
- Preheat the smoker to 250 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Place the pretzels in a large mixing bowl. Drizzle melted butter of the pretzels and toss to coat.
- Sprinkle the rub of your choice over the pretzels and gently toss to coat.
- Spread the seasoned pretzels on a baking sheet or disposable aluminum roasting pan and place on a preheated smoker for 1 hour, stirring every 20 minutes.
- Remove and let cool before serving or eating.